15│A BRAVE NEW WORLD, PT. 1

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴡ
ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴘᴛ. 𝟷 ꒱

❝ WHAT IF I ASKED
YOU TO MARRY ME? 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Hi, Topanga," Juliet greeted her friend with some surprise as she waited outside of their teacher's office.

The blonde smiled at her. "Hi, Peaches. It seems like the smart thing to do is get advice from Mr. Feeny, huh?"

"Yeah," she said with amusement. "What'd you ask him?"

"If the move to New York was the right one. What about you?"

"If I should take the seat in the London Symphony Orchestra," she replied. "See you later?"

"See you," Topanga agreed.

As Juliet stepped over the threshold, Mr. Feeny looked up. "Ah, Juliet. I'm not surprised to see you here as well."

"You called me Juliet," the redhead noticed as she sat down across from him. "You've never called me that before."

"Yes, well, this is a time of change for everyone. You are all adults now and we should acknowledge that," he responded.

"Sorry, but you'll always be Mr. Feeny to me."

"I suppose not everything has to change," he allowed. "What can I help you with, Juliet?"

She took a deep breath before she began her explanation: "earlier in the school year, I auditioned for a few orchestras in places that I wanted to live. Since I just started playing, I wasn't really expecting anything to work out but I did get into the London Symphony Orchestra. England's far away and I've only ever travelled to places, never to stay. On top of that, I know Shawn's not excited about moving overseas so I'm. . . I'm afraid something's going to happen to us if I accept the seat."

Her teacher studied her for a minute before he responded. "You are very much like Topanga, you know. You have both done well with whatever you've attempted and haven't taken many risks to experience what a failure might be like. Do you think you could be happy saying no to this opportunity?"

Juliet frowned thoughtfully. "I think I could be happy because I'd be with my friends. But then again, I might end up feeling how I did last year and be completely miserable around them regardless. I just. . . I just don't want to make the wrong choice, y'know?"

"Very few people do want to make the wrong choice," Mr. Feeny said. "I will share with you the advice I gave Topanga regarding her decision with Yale: do you have a reason to stay?"

"Well yes," she answered. "Shawn. He's the only reason why I'm not jumping at the chance. I don't. . . I don't want anything bad to happen to us."

"You don't think that he would follow you to England?"

"Compared to going to New York with Cory?" she asked. She rolled her eyes as she added, "Mr. Feeny, we all know that that's going to happen even though it's not official yet. I think he'd choose Cory over me."

"And you would chose Shawn over England," her teacher pointed out. "Is there a reason that he takes precedence?" Juliet gave him a surprised look as he chuckled. "I make it a point not to meddle in student affairs but the goings-on of my pupils doesn't escape my notice. There is a ring in your pocket, no?"