060

AMORTENTIA AND QUIDDITCH TRIALS-060

"Attention detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all planning," Slughorn addressed his sixth year potions class.

Diana stood next to Hermione, holding her potions book to her chest as her eyes shifting between her cousin, who was standing in the back of the class, and her best friend.

She was waiting for the best opportunity to talk with him, but everytime she had tried to talk with him, he usually escapes or someone interrupts. Or she checks the map (that she still didn't give back) and sees him with Hermione.

But the past several nights, Hermione hasn't been disappearing from the dorm room and sneaking out to see Draco. She knew something must of happened when her best friend came back crying in the middle of the night and she wasn't herself the past weeks. She was sort of hollow.

"Ah. Harry, my boy. I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see." Slughorn's voice snaps Diana out of her thoughts.

Her eyes moved from her cousin to her boyfriend and brother, who was standing at the door.

"Ron Weasley, sir," Her brother greeted. "But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace, actually."

Someone shifted forwards next to Diana making her and Hermione to look at the person. Their eyes landed on Lavender Brown who was staring at Ron with an eager look on her face. Simultaneously, hers and Hermione's face scrunched up, giving their dorm mate a strange look.

"I'm gonna—" Ron finished as he started backing out, but Harry moved behind him, stopping him from leaving.

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out."

"Uh, sorry sir, I haven't actually got my book yet, and nor has Ron," Harry spoke.

Slughorn waved them off towards the cupboard. "Get what you want from the cupboard."

Diana watched as her boyfriend and brother head over to the cupboard and start to fight over a book, she suspects, like children fighting over a toy.

It was Harry, who apparently had gotten the good book and walked over to his girlfriend with smug look on his face. Diana rolled her eyes at him, as he took his place beside her and gave her a playful grin. Hermione shook her head at the couple, and was asked to identify a potion for Slughorn.

She stood in front of a potion with pink mist seeping out of the cauldron. She grew nervous, as she clutched her textbook in her arms. "This Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them." She paused, swallowing thickly. "For example, I smell...Fresh grass... Cologne...and Green apples."