Chapter 20.

-ALEX POV-

"Surprise." Shawn whispered in my ear and spun me around. I have to tell you, I got the shivers pretty badly, not like Nate shivers but close enough...

"Shawn! You're back! I thought you were still recording in San Fran." I said when he out me down. I couldn't help but reflect that smile, Shawn is the sweetest guy in the world.

He shrugged and put his hands in his pocket shyly. "I haven't seen you in a while and I decided to move back and record here. So mu schedule is cleared for you."

"Oh wow! Shawn! Thank you, and its beautiful." I smelled the rose and hugged him once more. He seemed reluctant to let go whenever he had me in his arms.

"So, Cameron's birthday bash for me? Will you be my date?" He asked smiling shyly. I remembered Shawns turning 19 this weekend, he's older than all of us. (I know he's not 19 but let's pretend lol)

"Of course!" I squealed. "I'll be honored." I teased. He sighed in relief and pulled me into a hug.

"I already asked Sammy so we're good."

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, big bros approval and everything! I had to." He shoved his hands in his pockets which I found even more attractive.

"That's sweet and really thoughtful of you Shawn. I'm so excited." I said and I really am but I couldn't help being annoyed with Sammy. He always wanted me to be with Shawn and I felt like going against that but I really do like Shawn - just a bit.

"So I'll pick you up at 9 on friday?" He asked pulling away from the hug.

"Yes, I can't wait. Thanks for the rose again, it's beautiful." I blushed again.

"Not as beautiful as you." He said smoothly. I giggled and punched him playfully.

"You're smooth Mendes." I laughed as he kissed me on the cheek and left. When I turned around to get to class, my huge smile faded as I met Nate's angry glare.

I hadn't realized they were still there and heard the whole thing. Why should I be sorry though? Nate has his girlfriend and he's happy so why shouldn't i be happy too? For once I wanted to be happy.

And Shawn Mendes brought some of that happiness back. And being with him was easier - less drama. He kinda made me forget about the Nate drama.

-Nate POV-

I get that I'm with Stacy now and I don't have a right to be jealous but I was really fuming at Shawn - one of our friends - and Alex. He had given a stupid rose and asked her to be his date at his birthday party.

Cheesy motherfucker.

Alex thought otherwise because she started giggling and blushing like a girl who's smitten. It really broke something inside of me, because i wanted to be the only guy to make her happy. Instead im the one hurting her.

But seriously? Is everyone obsessed with Alex? Whyyy?

"Shawn's birthday party is gonna be totez amazing!" a brunette girl in front of me said clapping her hands. She was talking to a blonde girl, in our French class.

"Did you hear who's Shawn's new girl?" The blonde asked the brunette. I didn't mean to listen in but I couldn't help it because a name came up.. "Sammy's little sister. Alex Wilkinson!"

"Get out!" The brunetted covered her mouth with her hand. I rolled my eyes at how dramatic girls are. "He's liked her since they were little!"

"I know! He's so sweet and she's real nice. I think its a perf match! But like...he's 19 and she's 16. That's gonna be tough since he's busy with his music." The blonde said sadly.

The brunette rolled her eyes. "Shawn really has the hots for Alex though. He won't give up once he gets her."

"Thats true. Plus Alex has been hurt. They deserve each other." The blond girl said nodding.

What does that mean? Alex been hurt before?

Everyone was talking about Shawn and Alex like they're going to get married tomorrow. I knew he would never hurt her and that's the problem. She'd never leave him if they get together and I'd never be able yo swoop in when the time is right.

I sulked the whole day thinking of Shawn and Alex as a couple. It made me want to punch everyone at school. I thought this hurts but at the party....

It just got a whole lot shittier.