Chapter 22.

-NATE POV-

"BRO! FUCKING GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW! ALEX! COME HERE TOO!" Sammy yelled from the kitchen the minute I walked into their house. Alex was coming down the stairs in Sammys magcon hoodie. She smiled at me.

That was a big step. Usually she just looks at me in disgust. "What's up?" I asked an excited Sammy who was doing laps around the kitchen. Alex giggled and tried to calm him down. "Chill browksi." she said.

"You won't fucking believe what I recieved in my letter from Brad." He said breathlessly leaning against Alex.

"What did it say?" I asked getting excited at the mention of Brad - our music producer from LA. Alex seemed excited too.

"He's said he has a new song for us and an awesome one you could rap to!" Sammy yelled in my face.

"Whaaat! Get the fuck outta here!" I said in disbelief.

"We're going to LA!" He said pulling me into a bro hug. I hugged back and over his shoulder I saw Alex was beaming at us. I wanted to pick her up in a hug too.

"When do we leave?" I asked still excited.

"Tomorrow! The flights books already and we'll be there for a week!" He handed me the letter from Brad.

"Omg I'm so happy for you guys! You deserve it." Alex said doing a little victory dance, I couldn't help laugh at her enthusiasm.

"The best part is," Sammy said putting an arm around Alex, "you get to come with us little sister!"

Alex gasped. "What? Don't fuck with me Wilkinson!" She shook his shoulders. He laughed and hugged her.

"Yep! Mom and Dad won't be here and there's no way you're staying home alone or with Shawn!" Sammy said. The smile on her face didn't come close to the one on mine. I felt like this is my time to win her over.

She skipped out if the kitchen to get packing for LA. I was beyond happy that Sammy and I are finally doing what we love together. But the best part is the love of my life is coming with us. I felt like this is finally the chance to show her she's the one. And im the one.

Not Shawn.

"Lets hit LA with a bang brutha!" He said putting an arm around my shoulder.

I grinned. "Lets do it!"

-ALEX POV-

I called Jack 20 times until he finally picked the phone up. He had been sleeping because he said hello in a husky voice. I yelled the exciting news to him, he was just excited as I was.

He came over immediately. I was sitting in the den with Nate and Sammy when Jack walked in.

"Noooo! What am I gonna do for a whole week without my bad bitch!" He cried and collapsed next to me.

"I'll miss you bad bissh." I said ruffling his messy hair. He loves when I do that.

"We'll be back in like a week Gilinsky. Be a man!" Sammy rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Well I guess someone didn't get some last night eh." Jack said in a not-so-whisper to me. I giggled. Even Nate laughed.Sammy rolled his eyes again.

"Shawn's coming in a few." Jack said to me. I nodded, only thinking of my boyfriend now and how I won't be able to see him for a whole week. I didn't even think of him...

As if on cue Shawn walked into the den with a sad expression. I got up and leapt into his open arms, his arms held me close to him. I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Baby." He said stroking my hair. "I'm gonna miss you."

I giggled. "I'll miss you too Shawnie." I looked up into his eyes and he kissed the tip of my nose. I heard Nate gag behind us, but i just ignored him and kissed him on the lips.

"Woooah Big Brother in the room." Sammy said in amusement. I blushed and pulled away meeting Nates cold eyes.

Idiot. Shit. Jerk.

"I can't stay long, I have to get back to the studio. I just came to say goodbye." He said linking our fingers. I tried not to seem kind if disappointed. He didn't even feel like my boyfriend because he was always busy and we weren't even that close.

"Yeah and you can't stay over tonight for goodbye-sex." Jack joked. As always I turned red, Shawn chuckled awkwardly and held my hand tighter. Nate snorted again, knowing we haven't done it yet. Idiot x1000.

People thought it was weird how Shawn and I havent done anything yet. But I didn't because well...I'm not ready for that with him yet. Its a big step and I'm not there. I found it annoying that everyone was in our business.

I walked Shawn out.

"Call everyday!" I said. He pulled me closer and held me for a while before pulling away again. He seemed so down. "Shawn..." I said sighing and tears spilling down my cheeks.

"Hey hey hey baby. No don't cry, have fun in LA and I'll be right here when you get back alright?" He said wiping my tears away. I cried more and laughed at the same time.

"Okay im gonna stop crying now. Can you just hold me?" I asked sounding like a little girl. He chuckled and held me again for 20 minutes. We swayed on the spot holding each other tightly.

He finally pulled away and kissed my lips softly before turning around and getting into his car. He waved and sped off. I felt like my heart was heavy going back to the den.

The first thing I saw was Nate's glassy eyes, he looked like he might cry. I knew why though. I tried to avoid his eyes as i plopped down next to Jack, he put an arm around my shoulder.

"I'll miss you chubz." He said.

I laughed. "Dont make me cry too Gilinsky."

In a weird way I felt like going away for a while would be good. Even though I'd be going with Nate, I'd still manage to forget about everything.

In all honesty, i wasnt even that bummed for Shawn - it was forced sadness. Like i have to be because he's my boyfriend.