Chapter 23.

-ALEX POV-

"Byeee boo." I said hugging Jack at the airport. He had stayed over at my house so he could drive us the next morning for our flight to LA. "Love ya!"

"Be good!" He said kissing my forehead. "I love you too."

I smiled and boarded the plane, Sammy followed and so did Nate. Unfortunately, I got stuck with Nate while Sammy had to sit 4 rows infront of us. The plane took off and I waved at Jack from the window.

"Alex, we need to talk about it sooner or later you know. You can't just ignore me." Nate said.

"I don't care Nate. And you're wrong because I can ignore you, I will and I am." I said putting on earphones. I didn't need to listen to this especially now that I'm happy with Shawn.

He shook his head and slid his ear buds in too. A small part of me wanted to hold his hands and tell him we'll be okay but that's just a lie. I missed Nate so much, he made me laugh and had that spark of danger that I loved.

But thats in the past and it should stay there forever.

-NATE POV-

We're finally in LA. I was stoked to be recording a new song with Sammy but the only thing ruining my mood was Alex acting like a didn't exist. I didn't expect her to act like my best friend but she didn't even look at me.

Its been 4 days in LA and our song was almost complete. Let You Down will be released on the 5th day followed by a party that night. The 6th day was for touring LA and finally have a chill. Then we leave on the 7th day.

The days were busy with vocal classes and recording. I rarely saw Alex, she met a few friends who showed her around but i was worried because this is a big city and I needed to know shes safe so i texted her.

*To AlexWilk: R u okay?

*From AlexWilk: yeah, I'll be back later.

*To AlexWilk: plz be safe, I'm worried...

*From AlexWilk: I'll be okay, tx..

Atleast she replied to my texts. I felt better now that she's okay but I still missed her so much. I wish things were different but that'll need a miracle to happen.

So this is a final recording for Let You Down and then, its our release party tomorrow at one of the elite clubs. Its scary how things are going because we're so used to making music in Sammys basement.

And now we're releasing our own single. We wrapped up and headed back to the hotel to get a early night. I wondered if Alex was here or not. Sammy said she's in her room so I made an excuse of going to the snack bar but i went to Alex instead.

I knocked and she opened it. "Oh hey Nate..."

I smiled. "Just came to check if you're back."

She frowned like she's confused, then it softened a little bit. "I'm okay, are you excited for tomorrows launch party?" She asked.

"Yeah it's been unreal!" I said putting my hands in my pocket. I didn't know what else to say because she seemed so confused like she wants to hate me but can't.

"Good. You deserve it, it'll be fun." She said sincerely. I nodded.

"Well goodnight then." I smiled. She reflected the smile. "Night Nate." She closd the door softly. I swear i heard her body slid down the door because thats exactly what I did.

This is the first decent convo we had without lashing at each other or glaring at each other.

This was definitely a step up.

-ALEX POV-

I didn't know what to make of Nate's new behavior. He's been sweeter, helpful, and extra protective of me, even Sammy wondered what was going on between us.

Today is Sammy and Nates release date for their new song Let You Down so their manager organised a little launch party for them. I had the perfect outfit for it, I was excited because i heard my brothers other cute friends would be there.

"What time is the party?" Sammy asked Nate as i stepped into their room. It was so messy I didn't know where to step let alone sit down. "9 p.m." Nate grumpled scratched his bedhead.

My mouth open slightly when i noticed he didn't have a shirt one. My face heated up when he smirked, catching me staring at his toned body. "Great, I've gotta pick Sofia up at 8." Sammy grumpled.

"How many girls do you have bro?" I asked tearing my eyes away from Nate.

Sammy smirked cockily and pulled me into a hug. "An infinite number little Wilk. Now do you understand why I keep you away from boys?" He asked. I almost looked directly at Nate.

I shrugged. "Uhm...not really."

"So you don't end up with boys like me who'll end up hurting you my beautiful sister." He said ruffling my hair. I shoved him away and smoothed out my hair.

"Or because you want me to die an old hag with 50 cat species." I suggested. Nate laughed. "By the way, you smell."

"Possible." Sammy shrugged and left to go take a shower, leaving Nate and I alone in the living area. It was awkward.

"So, the guys from Emblem3 are gonna be at our launch party." Nate said to break the silence. I gasped in genuine excitement, my brother knew how obsessed i am with them!

"Get out! Omg I'm dying! Keaton and Wesley Stromberg are gonna be at your party. I love them! I wonder if he'll think im cute." I said, not realizing I'm fangirling in front of Nate who grinned at me. "Sorry." I blushed.

"You're cute." he said gazing at me. He seemed to realize what he said top and covered his face with a cushion. "Sorry..."He mumbled.

Thank goodness he couldn't see my blushing because it was pretty bad now.

"Uhm I've gotta go...do something." I said quickly and exited before he could look up again.

See? He's just being less mean and cold towards me and i didn't know what to make if it? Because this is when I miss him most, when I feel like things could be normal again.

I shook my head. No. I have to remember Shawn - my boyfriend -is back home. And I can't let Nate back in. But as far as feelings go, Nate is pretty close.

________
Hope u guys like it!!

So soon I'll be starting a sequel to one of my fanfics or starting a new one!

so keep ya eyes peeled.

Thanks for the reads and votes!