Chapter 179 - Happy Birthday!

Only after Alicia felt the hardness poking at her did she realize their precarious position.She was wearing her thin pyjamas from last night and Ryu was only clad in a towel.Her hands were on his bȧrė shoulders and his on her waist.As always,whenever Alicia was faced with Ryu's beauty,she turnded into an idiot and her hands acted of their own accord.Before her brain could even register what she was about to do,her mouth had already pressed and open mouth kiss on Ryu's shoulder.However as soon as her lips touched the heated shoulder,she froze,expecting Ryu to get angry but instead his hands on her waist tightened.She could see his Adam's apple move as he swallowed slowly.Turning her face towards him,Ryu made her look at him.There he could see the love and adoration she felt for him.

Ryu looked at his wife and his heart hurt for her.She had wholly given herself to him so that nothing else mattered.Looking into her eyes,Ryu was unable to stop himself.Bringing his lips close to hers he whispered a small,"Happy birthday" before closing the distance between them.Their lips met sweetly and with hunger.Alicia who had been starved for her hubby,abandoned all her reservations and would her arms around him entangling them in his long hair.Pushing her back on the bed,Ryu covered her body with his and basked only in the feel and softness of her.Ryu explored and lavished all his attention on her delectable body.Though he did not feel love,he was a careful and considerate lover.

A while after their love making session,Alicia and Ryu each lay in each others arms,both lost in their own thoughts.Ryu marvelled at the emotion he felt whenever he was together with Alicia.Towards the end of their love making,Ryu had almost instinctively said "I love you" to her.He did not know where the words had come from and if they had been a habit.But he was wary.Close they maybe,but he did not dare to fall in love.A blood clot in the brain was not somethin he took lightly.The knife happpy doctors woild have put him in for Operation if he had not been adamant.But the side effects of both medicine and surgery were huge.

Alicia on the other hand,felt bitter sweet after their lovemaking.Unknowingly Alicia made doodled circles on his ċhėst as she let herself feel.She had conquered her husband's body.It was only his heart that reained elusive.Being held by him tenderly,she felt as if her safe haven is back.But soon there were tears in her eyes.Alicia closed her eyes and tried to block the negstive thoughts that were haunting her.Everytime they had made love,he would whisper those three sweet words in her ear,but this time it was different.For a moment,she had almost felt that he would utter those words but he had only stared at her intensely.A tear rolled out of her eyes and landed on Ryu's arms where Alicia's head was lying.Ryu felt his skin burn and hus guilt conscience ate at him.He almost felt as if he had used her love for only physical needs.Covering his eyes with his other arm,Ryu pretended to feel nothing.Soon,Alicia's breathing evened out and she fell asleep.Ryu felt her breathing even out and realized that she had indeed fallen asleep since she was so tired.Ryu turned his head to look at the girlbut all he could see was the top of her head.Patting her head,Ryu whispered the words that were burning on his tongue,"Missus,I think I love you..."Aliccia,who had been on the verge of falling asleep,dare notopen her eyes but those words caused a burst of firecrackers in her heart.Unknown to Ryu,he had given Alicia the best birthday present she could have wanted.A ray of light in the darkness that was thrie future.With a happy heart,Alicia drifted off into her dream land while Ryu also closed his eyes to rest.

A little while later,Ryu got off the bed and gently laying her head on the pilllow started going downstairs to prepare breakfast.On his way he wondered what present he shoud but for his missus.Usually women loved shiny baubles..did they not?He recieved another surprise in the kitchen.His little boy was standing on a step stool with a buŧŧer knife and a pot of jam on the bread.Ryu had prepared a little tray of breakfast for his mother.A pretty little rose on the tray.Next to it was a glass of orange juice.And an empty plate to place the sandwiches on.Seeing his father,Ru grinned sheepishly.The reason for this was that even though Ru had tried his best,he was a little boy who had clumsy hands.The kitchen was in a slight mess as the orange juice had mostly been spilt before it made it into the glass.A couple of flowers had also met a sad ending and were scattered pitifully on the ground.And it seemed,Ru had tried to write happy birthday on a few piesce of bread but had hiven up after a few unsuccessful attempts.Shaking his head at the little boy,Ryu got to the kitchen cleaning duty.The breakfast had already been prepared.