Chapter 180 - Birthday Presents

After cleaning up the kitchen,Ryu sent Ru upstairs to take a bath first and then go wake his mom.Ru had been covered in jam from head to toe.How the boy managed to that was beyond him.As he stared at the tray Ru had prepared,an idea struck him.He knew of a gift that he could give.It wasn't a shiny bauble nor anything romantic but it was useful fo her now and inthe future as well.Taking out his phone,he made a call and rattled off the instructions.

Alicia stretched in bed and felt the ache in places that had been numb for a while now.Feeliing the slight pain,she winced at first but then soon that expression was replaced by a soft smile.Feeling energized,Alicia went towards the bathroom to have a soak in the bath tub.Today was a holiday for all of them so naturally they could do everything at leisure.

Ryu had convinced Ru to wait and let Alicia sleep in instead of waking her up.Downstairs both the father and son were guessing what their woman had planned for the day.Alicia had told both Ryu and Ru that since they were free today,they had to spend the day according to her wishes.

Once Alicia was down,Ru ran to her and jumped into her arms.With a smacking kiss on her cheeks,he shouted,"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER!!".Alicia winced a bit at the volume but then hugging the warm baby tightly she whispered a soft,"Thank you".Once Alicia loosened her hold,Ru started wriggling like a fish to get off.As was the case always,anytime Alicia had a chance to hold the little master,she hated to let go.She loved holding her little baby even when he was sometimes heavy.But Ru was like a slippery eel,never staying still.Once she put him down,Alicia turned towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast but to her surprise,Ru was coming with a tray.Ryu caught hold of Alicia's wrist and pushed her into the nearest seat.

Little Ru put the tray on the table and uncovered it carefully.There,places carefully was a rose flower,a glass of juice,beautifully cut bread.Smiling broadly at the little boy,Alicia said with teary eyes,"Aiyoo,My little baby prepared such a beautiful gift for me.Thank you."Picking up the protesting boy,Ru lavished him with kisses.Though Ru kept trying to escape his mother,Ryu could see the happiness in his eyes..Ryu looked at his family and wondered what would it be like to add another baby to their family.But he stopped himself.The future is uncertain,there was no point in thinking of that.

Finally escaping his mother,Ru ran to the room and brought back a wrapped present."Mother,this is for you!"

Alicia smiled and accepted the present and as was her ritual,shook it and tried to guess what was inside.She remembered last time,Ru had given her a scarf with laughing pineapples,chosen with the help of his father.She had wondered at his taste,until Neil told her recently that Ryu had ȧssumed her to be a 4 year old girl.Smiling at the memory,Alicia asked Ru,"Little baby,What did you bring me this time?"

Gzarrare,Rp bplo lvmmc val vuft frt nmarout om ovu nzuluro.Aiahaf zannut mnur ovu nfhcfeu frt mrhu lvu lfj arlatu,lvu iuo mpo f eaeeiu.Rwp jfl rmj hpzampl fl om jvfo val lmr vft hvmlur dmz vuz.Wvur vu nuunut arlatu,vu hmpit rmo vuin gpo lqaiu.Wzfnnut arlatu ovu gmk ar lmdo oallpu jfl f nzuoow gzfhuiuo jaov hvfzql.Io jfl ovu hvfzql ovfo juzu vaifzampl.Hfreare dzmq ovu gzfhuiuo juzu hvfzql iacu fnniu,lozfjguzzaul,f nufz frt ezfnul.Tvu jufzuz jmpit immc iacu f dzpao imsuz.

Ryu admired his son's choice.He knew that women loved baubles so he went that way but the gift was hilarious.

Alicia, on the other hand,removed the bracelet and wound it on her wrist.Admiring the cure little thing,she again picked up Ru and started peppering his faces with kisses while tickling him mercilessly.

Alicia ate hungrily once she was ȧssured that Ryu and Ru had finished their breakfast earlier.Enjoying the treats,Alicia asked both her men to get ready but then in the next stopped Ryu.They would leave as soon as Alicia recieved a parcel that she was expecting.

Ryu looked at her curiously but sat down quietly.Alicia took out her phone and as she was about to make a phone call when the bell rung.The courier handed her a few boxes and left after taking her signature on a tablet computer.

Alicia brought the boxes into the living room and dumped them unceremoniously on the couch.Ru had also changed into a pair of t shirt and shorts and come into the room.Excited to see so many packages,he asked,"mother,what is this?"

"My birthday presents",Alicia exclaimed.

Ryu shook his head at his eccentric wife.She seemed to have bought 'presents' for herself...

Opening the first package,Alicia took out a cap and a small polaroid camera and gave it to Ru."This is for my baby!"Ru excitedly took the cap which had the picture of an alligator and put it on his head.Then taking the camera,he started fidgeting with it.Ru had seen the camera on a visit to the mall with his mother some time back and he knew a bit about how to make it.He was very happy with his presents.Alicia then picked up a couple of packages and put them in Ryu's ŀȧp.

Ryu raised a questioning brow and said,"I think it is your birthday!Why are we recieving presents?"

Alicia just shrugged and said,"Because that makes me happy!Also,you need to hurry...you have to wear what is there in those presents."

Finally turning around,Alicia picked up the last and the smallest package and smiled to herself.This was to be her present.Ryu who was looking at the parcels as if they contained a bomb did not notice the little smirk on Alicia's face.Opening her parcel,Alicia checked the contents of the box.Once confirming thay all was as it should be,she turned to the still sitting Ryu.