Flustered Curses

"And you are?" I ask the fat lady standing on my countertop.

"Never mind that," she waves off my question. "I'm here because you've come of age."

"Come of age?"

"You're the one I cursed 22 years ago correct?" She looks between George, Sapnap, and I. "Or was that one of you young men?"

"You cursed who, what?" I question, utterly baffled by what was going on. Is this a bad dream?

"Well, like this," she snaps her fingers at me and I suddenly feel my gut twist. My head spins, heat rushing through my body. I give a surprised shout as I painfully shrink into a blob, losing all control of my body.

She tisks at me and pulls me into her hands. "Oh, boy. I remember how much fun I had casting this spell." She looks over at Sapnap and George who seem to be mildly upset with her presence. I sit in her hands helplessly.

She sighs. "Well, I guess the time's up." With a wave of her hand I grow back to size. I stand in front of her and slightly shiver under her gaze. My insides want to be not inside my body anymore after the 2 quick transformations that were forced upon me.  I lean up against the counter to regain control of myself, breathing deeply.

"You-" I look up at her and swallow thickly. "You're the one who cursed me?"

"That's right, but the day I did I vowed it would live on until your 22nd birthday." She smiles to herself. "Why I picked 22? I just thought it seemed like a good number."

"So, you- you're saying now that I'm 22 the curse has... expired?" My fingers grip at the counter in front of me. Sapnap and George seem to be watching me, waiting for a cue from me to beat up the old lady and send her back to where she belonged.

"That is what I said, isn't it?" She looks over at George and smiles. "And I couldn't let you keep this curse after some of the embarrassing things that have happened with you and your 'friend' here." She gives a short, loud laugh. "I see the way you fancy him. He is a cutie."

George backs away from her, disgust written across his features.

"You've been watching me?" I choke out.

"Only recently," she muses. "Anyway, I guess too-da-loo. Tell your family hello and that they are still the worst people I've ever met. Enjoy your life and all that. Buh-bye!" And with that she evaporates into the air.

I run my hands down my face, leaning my elbows onto the counter.

Sapnap finally speaks up. "What just happened?"

My heart hammers in my chest. George mutters a small, "yeah?"

I sigh and pull my hands from my face slowly. "You guys saw that too?"

"What do you mean?" Sapnap say incredulously. "Yeah we saw it! That lady came out of nowhere, exposed all of your secrets and then left with a poof into thin air. It's burned into my eyelids now."

George walks over to me as I lean on the counter still trying to recover from the manhandling I just received. "Are you okay?" he asks while rubbing my back.

I sigh again and tip my forehead to hit the countertop. I let the feeling of George's hand rubbing my back, soothe my racing heart.

"No..." I mutter looking at my hands that swing loosely in front of me.

George's hand retracts and I lift my head up to look at him. He has concern written across his features. I gaze back sadly.

"Dream..."