Chapter 36

"Ugh, I wish I could go but I'm heading out of town for summer camp." Chaewon said, taking a sip of her drink.

Minju sighed, disappointed but tried to not let it show. "That's cool, we could go after you're back."

Chaewon nodded happily. "I'll uhm, miss you while I'm uhh, gone." She mentioned hesitantly, fiddling around with the plastic cup of coffee she was holding.

Minju widened her eyes and drummed her fingers on the table, suddenly finding that old stain of liquid on the surface interesting. "I'll m-miss you too. Just so you know." She mumbled unsurely.

Chaewon looked up with a small, shy smile. The two sat in silence, Minju avoiding eye contact, before a loud thud was heard from beside them both.

"I can't take this anymore!" She exclaimed, standing up from her seat.

Chaewon and Minju both looked at her with confused eyes.

"I-I mean I'll just go help food with the Ryujin-I mean Ryujin with the food-I mean help Ryujin with the food." Yeji stuttered out, cheeks flaming from her sudden outburst. 

Walking off to the line, Yeji groaned and immediately placed her head on Ryujin's back. 

Without turning around, Ryujin smiled knowing that it was Yeji. She reached her hand back and soothingly rubbed the brunette's arm. 

"What did you do this time?" She asked. Yeji groaned once more and nuzzled her face deeper, wrapping her arms around Ryujin's waist.

"I had enough of those two." She mumbled. Pulling back, she circled to the front of Ryujin.

"They're just so clueless and shy. Both of them are walking on eggshells around each other." Yeji explained.

Ryujin leaned in to kiss Yeji's lips. "It's okay. Give them some time to figure stuff out. Besides you might be regretting this time when they're both all over each other." She wrapped her arms around Yeji's waist. 

"Just like how we are now." Ryujin said. Yeji frowned and pulled away. "We are so not the PDA type."

Ryujin laughed, gesturing to the position they were standing in right now. "Are you sure about that?"

Yeji blushed realizing, and stepped away, facing the front.

Ryujin only continued to laugh at how cute her girlfriend is.

"I love you." The silver haired whispered discreetly into Yeji's ear. She grinned once she saw how red those cheeks became. 

"I love you too." Yeji whipped around and placed a quick, barely there, kiss on her lips, before turning right back. 

"Babe, I have to go now."

"Noooo." Yeji whined and held onto Ryujin's hand, tugging her closer to her.

"Yeji." Ryujin playfully scolded her as she fell back onto the bed, Yeji immediately snuggling up to her.

"What." She said innocently. The silver haired sighed, pushing Yeji to lay on her back and hovering over her.

"I'll be gone for a week. Two at most."

"But that's so long. And I'll miss you." Yeji hugged Ryujin close to her.

Ryujin chuckled lightly at how clingy the brunette was. "Trust me, I'm not thrilled to go to my Dad's either. It's gonna be a boring and irritating trip."

"But" The silver haired sat up, struggling slightly with Yeji's arms still wrapped around her, not wanting to let go.

"I'll call and text everyday. And I'll send you constant boring updates of my dad and his new girlfriend being annoying."