DIVISION

The Pandavas were welcomed inside the palace. A sabha was immediately arranged. Now the most serious problem was in front of everyone in the palace. The matter of having two yuvraj in Hastinapur. The sabha was arranged everyone took their place, even Karna was there on guest seat. Duryodhana, Dussashan and other Kauravas was there. Ladies went to balcony to see the proceeding. The atmosphere was slightly tense in the sabha. Rudra was with Avantika in the balcony to see the proceeding. He was looking it attentively and curiously as it was his first time to attend such meeting.

Pandavas came to meeting and greeted the king elders present there. They got their blessings and then proceedings began. Both Kauravas and Pandavas presented harsh case to let their jyeshtha become the yuvraj. The proceeding were going no where. Both sides were adamant on their beliefs. Hard argument were done and taking decisions seems impossible. In the end division of Hastinapur was decided. Dhritarashtra was not willing to let his son to renounce the right of throne so he agreed to division. He asked Yudhishthir what part of kingdom he wants. Yudhishthir has asked for Khandavprast. Dhritrashtra agreed.

Dhritrashtra:  You can create a kingdom there and I will allow willing citizens to leave from here to you kingdom and I  promised you to give army, and other things once the kingdom was built but he told that kunti will remain here as she was daughter in law of Hastinapur.

Everyone was shocked by this clever political move. Pandavas will never leave their mother and Even if they leave By keeping Kunti he ensured that Pandavas will never attack Hastinapur. Rudra was going to interfere but Avantika stopped him. They were just guest here so they can't intervene.

Bheem : Tatshree, she is our mother. Why can't she leave with us?

Dhritrashtra : Putra, she is my sister in law first. She has responsibility here. You all can come and visit here anytime it will also be the reason you come and visit us. Your kingdom will aslo part of Hastinapur.

Pandavas were angry and wanted to argue but Kunti also understood what is going on. 

Kunti : Jyeshtha is speaking the truth, sons, I am now maharani of Hastinapur. Listen to him, I will come to your kingdom once it becomes independent. At that time I will be there as Rajmata.

The sabha was shocked listening to her. Pandavas accepted the proposal and decided to leave as soon as posible. It was announced throughout the kingdom so that willing citizens could leave with Pandavas. The sabha ended Pandavas went to Kunti's chamber. Karna and his family left for their chamber. Rudra was disturbed by what has happened and has many questions. When Avantika and Rudra reached chamber Karna was already there. Seeing Rudra Karna knew his son was still processing what has happened.

Karna : Putra what is causing you unrest?

Rudra : Pitashree, What happened today at sabha was it dharm.

Karna : What do you think, Putra?

Rudra : I am confused the division it self was unjust.

Karna : It was necessary evil, Putra. Otherwise a war would have broken between Pandavas and Kauravas. There would be massive unrest in Hastinapur.

Rudra : But is it alright to separate a mother from her children? Is throne really that important?

Avantika : No Putra it wasn't right. Nothing is important enough as family.

Rudra : Then why did Maharani Kunti accepted that.

Karna (calmly) : It was to give her children their rights to be king.

There was undertone of sadness in his voice. Avantika caught that and clenched her fists. Rudra was confused.

Avantika : She was thinking as royals not as mother Putra. She was scared that her children will not accept the decision because of her but they were Kshatriye and it was their right to rule so she made that decision. Putra, you have seen how maharaj Dhritarashtra didn't want her son to renounce the right similarly she also wants that for her sons. What happened today was not because of justice but blind love that Maharaj Dhritarashtra and Maharani Kunti have for their children.

Rudra : But it still wasn't right. Why didn't you say anything Pitashree. I don't understand them Pitashree. Why did such decision was made and why it was accepted. Why Didn't parpitamah Bheeshma and others stop it.

Karna : Putra, we are just guests of Hastinapur we can't interfere in their family matter without them asking for our help. If one doesn't want justice for themselves you can't fire justice on them. Others were bound by their oaths to throne so they kept quiet.

Rudra : But why Pitashree, they are intelligent and righteous person. So why didn't they Stop it.

Avantika : Their Preconceived dharm stopped them Putra. They thought they were bound by their their dharm. They weren't relative of anyone in that sabha but servants of king.

Karna : Putra remember there is nothing more destructive than preconceived dharm to a righteous person. Other will always try to take advantage of that. Putra this society is harmed more by silence of righteous person than the atrocities of unrighteousness one. So don't be like them. You will be king of our kingdom after me so always stay in path of true dharm.

Rudra : What is true dharm Pitashree?

Karna : Humanity, Putra humanity is true dharm. If your deeds bring sadness to innocent then you are doing Adharm.

Rudra : I want to know more about it.

Avantika : Don't worry putra after our return we will begin you education. Me, your father and gurudev will teach you for three years after that you will be sent to guru to learn further.

Rudra : Mata, why did I have to leave. Don't you want me. Couldn't you all teach me everything.

Karna : Putra it is important for you to leave the luxury to become truly great. We all could teach you but you won't be able to become best version of yourself with us. We can never be truly hard on you.

Rudra : Will my Guru be hard on me Pitashree?

Karna : Putra hardship make a person better. One can't see rainbow before facing the rain. Guru have to hard on you to become better. Putra a stone can't become idol with out sculptors chipping out the unnecessary parts of it.

Rudra : Okay Pitashree, I promise you I will do what my Guru say. I will learn and become better warrior than you.

Karna : I know Putra. I believe you will be better than me.

The family discussed that. Then  two hours later Pandavas with draupadi was ready to leave for Khandavprast. Everyone came to send them off. As soon as they reached the entrance they saw Krishna was there smiling at them. They greeted him and rudra ran to him and Krishna Picked him.

Rudra : Kakashree you came her to see me.

Krishna : Yes nephew, I came here to see you.

Krishna ruffled his hairs and Rudra became happy. Atmosphere lightened seeing the happy rudra. Krishna told everyone that he will help Pandavas in creating new kingdom. Pandav took the blessings of elders and was ready to leave. Draupadi was especially came to take blessings of Karna and Avantika but she was alone. They both blessed her. They were going to leave.

Rudra : Pitashree, mata I want to go with them and Kakashree.

Avantika was worried because she knew that Khandavprast was under Takshak who have protection of Human Indradev. Fight was inevitable that nce they go there. They didn't want him to go.

Avantika : Putra, it will better if you don't go. They will be busy in making kindom.

Rudra : I will stay with kakashree and I will not trouble them I promise.

He did puppy eyes thing which was working on others but not on Avantika. She was going to deny but Krishna stopped her.

Krishna : Let him go, don't worry I will personally take care of him and return him to you in Suryaprast.

Avantika was still hesitant but Karna signalled her to be rest assured. Avantika nodded. Pandavas , Draupadi, Krishna and Rudra left along with small group of citizens.

After they left. Karna and Avantika came to Ashwatthama to ask why didn't he raised the proposed to marry Dushala today. Ashwatthama told him Dushala wanted to get married in presence of all her brother. So he will raise his proposal when everything is settled. Karna and Avantika too left Hastinapur after taking blessings from everyone present there. Ashwatthama too left for his kingdom. Avantika was still concerned for Rudra but Karna assured her that Narayan himself promised to protect him, so there was no need for to worry.