Sticky Notes

"A tragedy occurred at dawn this morning at Eveny Street in Zeebu city and a group of carnivores is suspected devouring a twenty-two year old thomson's gazelle named Linda..."

Jack's POV:

"It's a dangerous world out there sometimes, isn't it?" I spoke, breaking the silence between the goats and us canines. We were in the common room playing board games when the news had just brought up the sudden death of a gazelle. We were about to lose by the next move until we were interrupted by the sudden information said by a grey cat, who was reporting the news. All of us were watching. Durham, Legoshi, me, and even the two bovidae that were sitting opposite from us.

"This isn't good," one of them said, facing their head towards me while I was listening attentively to the news.

"I'll be in my dorm," the gold-furred goat sighed, standing up along with the other horned goat, "We'll just say you guys win."

"B-but we're about to lose in the next move!" Legoshi said.

This wasn't unusual. It happens every single day. In fact, I had some encounters myself with herbivores who were too scared to even breathe in the scent of a carnivore. They stood, like, ten feet away, watching my every move. It was creepy but in the end, we're the culprits, never the victims. It was the sad truth of the world at today's era; the devouring of a herbivore wasn't the most devastating part, its the fact that we would have to handle being left behind of many things because of what we were inevitably born as. Legoshi patted my head as I pouted because of how pointless they just acted.

"Ah, cheer up! It's nothing we haven't seen," Durham said.

We all left the common room to head to the dorms, but Legoshi wanted to take a walk because he didn't feel quite right just staying in one place processing what had just went on. Like the good roommates we were, we let him run off and had the dorm to ourselves. Me and Durham. Collot was out doing stuff I don't know, probably talking to some teachers about stuff since that's what he apparently does all the time. Voss, on the other hand, had early classes to deal with and Miguno was busy playing football with his teammates. Durham, Legoshi and I were usually free at the time, since it was only a Wednesday morning and it was early.

"Do you think this is gonna get any better?" I asked Durham, hoping he would tell me something to enlighten me, which was impossible.

He sighed, "No, never gonna be better."

It was a really depressing day for the canines in 701; nobody would want to talk to us because, well, we're carnivores. The herbivores would usually split up and step further from us, like this one time in the drama club, as Legoshi said, the carnivores and herbivores split up into two groups and started to throw insults to each other. He didn't bother to join in, but I felt that it was just foolish to be splitting up in the middle of the day. But then again, it was caused by a carnivore in the same room, which I got, but it's still so heartbreaking when someone decides to walk away from you because of news that was only reported in the morning.

Juno's POV:

A lemur tugged my arm while I tried to pull back at the same time a golden hawk screeched insults. I was still thinking about what was going on in my head; why were these people so mean? It was only news yesterday, that a canine pack had been attacking citizens outside in the public, but I'm not part of that. I'm a junior in Cherryton Academy, another grey wolf, but these people decided to tell me I'm part of the cause that society is failing on itself.

"No!" I shouted, "Stop it!"

"Did you see this?" the hawk smirked, "The canine killer group is a grey wolf, just like you!"