CHAPTER 24: WAKING

ALEX'S POV

"Roberto please don't go!" I begged while hugging his waist. Blood were all over his body as his eyes gives out blood. His tears are blood of pain.

"Because of you, I turned like this. I don't know myself anymore the moment I become true to my feelings with you." Roberto seriously tried to unwrap my arms around him.

"No, no. You can't do that. You said you love me..." I wiggled my head and tightened my arms around him. He can't go! He said he loves me!

"I shouldn't have involved myself to you in the first place, you burden brat." I look up at him but his face is no longer full Roberto, it's Brent. Half of his face is Roberto, closing his eyes.

I tried untangling my arms around him but chains were all over my arms, keeping me in place, hugging him.

Brent smiled devilishly and gripped my hair. I winced in pain.

"You're a burden you little snot!" He used another hand and wrapped it around my delicate neck. I got scared, with the fingers choking me.

"H-Help... R-Robert.." I whispered. I'm running out of breath while looking up at Brent, half faced with Roberto.

I wake up, hands on my neck, sweat flowing all over my body and my breathing are heavy. I didn't realized how I started sobbing about my life.

Thank Goodness it's just a dream. Just a nightmare, hunting me again, but it just feel surreal.

I grabbed the water pitcher beside my bed and poured it on a glass. I gulped the glass full of water in one shot, still breathing heavily.

Those nightmares keep coming to me for already two weeks after that incident of Roberto nearly dying.

It's torture.

I lost count of the sleepless nights I had and this night is another. I feel hot suddenly so I stripped down to my naked figure. It's still midnight and I can see the full moon outside the transparent window. My entire room is lighted up by the beautiful moon so I had no choice but to pray. Pray to God that I may have a peaceful sleep tonight.

It's already morning. The sun shines so brilliantly across the atmosphere. I can hear the sweet chirps of birds and the splash of water by the sea.

That's right, beside a seashore. Me and my boys are staying in a rest house, far from Roberto's mansion. I used a lot of money to rent this place for a week before we fly to Japan, to Takeru's country.

"Mommy, let's go swimming!" Takamasa excitedly stated, pointing at the sea. I smiled at him.

"Sure darling. Don't forget using sun block." I said as he stormed outside the door towards the water.

"I hope Daddy's here too. It'll be so much better." Ryota stated by my side and run after his brother.

I gripped the sarong I wrapped around my body. I wonder if Roberto is already awake. My heart jumped with joy with that thought but sad at the same time. He needs peace right now and there's no way I'll give him peace. I don't want other mafias come after him again.

"Come on, Mama!" Ryota shouted from the water playfully. He said he really wanted to call me 'Mama' so I can tell if it is him or Takamasa calling me.

I swept Roberto's thought away and joined my boys. Now's not the time to pity myself but enjoy my last days here in this country. I hope Roberto doesn't come running after us. He must be still in the hospital, half-dead, half-alive.

I played with the boys throughout the day. I'm so happy. Splashing the waters around, carrying them and swim. The sun is also cooperating with the enjoyment.