chapter 56

A camera flashes, and I do my best to keep my eyes open. The picture of us champions is taken for the Daily Prophet, and I move away from everyone, folding my arms over my chest as a reporter goes towards the other 4.

"What a charismatic 5. Hello. I'm Reeta Skeeta" Reeta says, shaking hands with everyone, including me as I stumble towards the 4, standing awkwardly next to Cedric "I write for the Daily Prophet. But, of course you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know" Reeta continues, then chuckles "You're the juicy news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosey cheeks?" Reeta says as she caresses Fleur's cheek, then slaps it.

"What fire is beneath those gorgeous E/C eyes?" Reeta says as she comes to me.

"Touch me, you lose the hand" I say, and she backs off a little.

"What mysteries do the muscles mask?" she says as she fiddles with Cedric's hair, making me chuckle and him turn to me, blushing "Does courage lie beneath those curls. Insured, what makes a champion tick. Me, myself and I want to know, not to mention my rabid readers"

"Here's one: people who don't know personal space. That's something that ticks me off" I say, giving a fake smile as the others hold back laughs, Cedric nudging me in the side playfully.

"You sound like you've got a lot of secrets. But... whose willing up to sharing? Hmm?" no one answers "Shall we start with the youngest?" she asks, glancing at Harry before pulling him away "Lovely"

She leaves.

"God, she awful" I say to Cedric, looking up at him.

"An absolute nightmare"

"Well, do you hate me?" I ask, stepping back a bit.

"What? Why?" Cedric asks.

"I'm competition now" I explain.

"I could never hate you" Cedric says, making me smile.

"Even if I won?" I ask.

"Well... maybe" Cedric says jokingly, both of us letting out a chuckle.

~~~~~

"Y/N, your owl" Pansy calls from the girls dormitories.

I jog to the girls dormitories, seeing Malekith on my window sill with a letter in his mouth and a package.

"Thanks Malekith" I say, scratching his chin and taking the letter.

Dear Y/N,

You got yourself into something extremely dangerous. I know I don't have all the answers, but all I can say is try not to die and keep me updated, so I know you're safe. I'd love to talk to you, but I can't meet you anywhere as it isn't safe, especially the Slytherin common room. I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I love you. Here's a dress, you'll need it soon ;).

Dad

"Nice" I say, folding up the letter and putting it in my bedside table drawer "Thanks Pansy"

I pick up the package and open it, looking at the beautiful green dress inside.

~~~~~

"Amazing. Amazing" Neville says again, holding plants in his hands with his feet and legs in water.

"Neville. You're doing it again" Harry says.

"Oh, right, sorry" Neville said.

"Leave him alone" I say to Harry, shaking my head at him.

"'Magical water plants of the highland Lochs'?" Harry asks, reading off Neville's book.

"Moody gave it to me. That day we had tea" Neville says happily.