Ch- 28, The Mircales Of Love

Hold her a little longer, rock her a little more,
Read her another story, you've only read her four.
Let her sleep on your sholder, rejoice in her happy smile.
She's only a little girl, for such a little while.

Rudhaanshi was growing up fast, atleast according to Anirudh and Bondita. They felt as if her childhood was slipping out their hands, quickly.

She was already 3 months old and neither Anirudh, nor Bondita felt to have spent this much time with their princess.

They both had started going to the court. Anirudh and Bondita would leave a bit late in the morning, after Rudhi would wake up. They would return early in the evening, finishing all their work. Sometimes, they would work at night after Rudhi would have slept.

One evening, when Bondita was changing Rudhi's clothes, Anirudh came back from court. That day, Bondita didn't have much work in court, so she decided to stay back at home.

"Hey, Sweetheart!" Anirudh exclaimed as he walked in.

"Good Evening, Pati Babu!" Bondita replied with a smile.

"Um... I meant, Rudhi!" He teased her.

"Oh... Ok!" She looked down, faking her sadness.

Talking to Rudhi, she said, "You know, Puchki? Before you came, I was your Baba's favourite!" She rolled her eyes at Anirudh.

Anirudh quickly walked upto her and hugged her from the side.

"I was just kidding, Jaan! You're still my favourite! I know, I love Rudhi more. But you're my wife! My life! How can you not be my Favourtie?" He chuckled and Bondita just hugged him tightly.
She had really missed her Pati Babu's attention, afterall.

As they hugged for a few minutes, Rudhi started to laugh happily.
Bondita and Anirudh looked down and Bondita excitedly picked her up in her arms.

"You love your Maa Baa, right Shona?" She asked, placing kisses on her chubby cheeks. Rudhi smiled happily and clutched onto Bondita's hair. She looked up at Anirudh and raised her arms, wanting him to pick her up.

"Wait, I'll just freshen up and come to my Mishti!" He told her and softly patted her head.
"Baba just came from outside, right? I'll come to my Rudhi, just in a while!"

As he came out of the washroom, Rudhi was playing happily with Bondita.

"See, your Baba is here!" Bondita told. "Now let me go, I have to prepare the dinner!" She got up, saying this.

Anirudh instantly held her wrist and pulled her back, as he sat down on the bed. Bondita just fell down onto his lap and looked at him in a little shock.

"What are you.." She began.

"Shh!" Anirudh kept his finger on her lips and softly caressed them.

"Don't you have some time for me too?" He hushed softly, as he kissed her cheek.

"Pati Babu!" Bondita stood up, blushing. "What will Rudhi think?"

"That her Baba loves her Maa so much!" He said, getting up and holding her hands softly.

Rudhi was all the while playing with her rattle happily and looking at her parents with a smile.