Ch 33

While praying alone in the magnificent sanctuary, Reyhas felt a presence approaching behind him. But as he was praying, he tried to concentrate again.

After a long time passed, he slowly turned around and saw Dwayne's face as he knelt on one knee, waiting.

Dwayne's face looked more rigid than usual.

Reyhas asked him with cold eyes,

"What's the matter?"

Reyhas was such a beautiful man that even a guy would lose his mind. But when they made eye contact, he felt an intense atmosphere that made him shudder.

Dwayne opened his mouth, still stiff with a hardened expression.

"......"

"There was something I couldn't understand. About the Saintess, I mean."

Reyhas frowned at Dwayne's words,

"I don't understand."

Dwayne's lips trembled.

It was rare for a holy knight with expert-class sword skills to make such a pale face.

After some time, Dwayne opened his mouth again,

"A child was almost killed by a horse in the square, the Saintess moved him to a room in an inn and closed the door."

Reyhas frowned.

"You mean the dying child?"

"He was in a hopeless state... I thought she was going to pray for the child to pass away in peace at his last moments..."

Dwayne recalled what had happened earlier.

Blood on the floor and a child who disappeared out of nowhere. And the saint's hands were covered with blood.

"The child was gone."

At his words, Reyhas eyebrows twisted.

Dwayne said as if it was incomprehensible,

"How the hell can that happen?!"

Recalling the situation again, it was so strange.

The body disappeared. The whole thing.

"......"

He continued to stare at Reyhas.

"That's why I used my reasoning skills to deduce..."

Dwayne's face darkened to the point where it couldn't get any darker.

Reyhas stood silently and stared at Dwayne.

After a while, Dwayne opened his mouth,

"I think the Saintess ate the child."

"......"

Reyhas frowned, but Dwayne still continued,

"There is no other possible answer besides that."

At Dwayne's words, Reyhas raised his hand and pressed it against his forehead.

"A monster is pretending to be a saint, while in fact, the true saint is in prison or something. Suddenly, I thought it was weird from the time she went to the auction constantly. Maybe that's why there's a new saint from Tiago."

Reyhas moved his mouth slightly,

"Then I'll have to get the prison key from that monster."

"Yes, save the Saintess..."