42

“Pole baby,” Lando happily smiled under his helmet as Daniella went over and hugged him.

The McLaren driver just secured his first pole position of his formula one career and he couldn’t be more happy.

“I am so proud of you,” Daniella let go of the hug and took off her helmet. “You deserve it.”

Despite qualifying only eighth herself, she is happy for her boyfriend.

He took off his helmet as well, reviling his  bright smile.

“Good job guys,” She hugged Carlos and George who qualified second and third.

Everyone came over and congratulate Lando on his first pole position.

“Dani?” Myra called her. “Interview time.”

“Ughh,” she groaned and rolled her eyes.

“Go,” Lando smiled. “We will hang out later.”

Daniella waved him goodbye as Myra dragged her away.

Lando was unable to wiped his smile as he waved back. But his smile fell when he noticed Pierre looking at Daniella and saying something to Charles.

***

It started raining again as the post qualifying interview was going on. Neither Myra nor Daniella had a umbrella.

“I will be back in a minute,” Myra ran to get an umbrella.

Daniella continued answering the questions as the rain got heavier.

“You will get sick.”

The rain stopped pouring on her.

Daniella looked up to see a McLaren umbrella.

“Can’t have you getting sick now,” Lando smiled politely.

“Thank you,” Daniella moved closer, trying to cover herself from the rain as much as she can.

The interviewer was very happy to interview a McLaren driver and a Red Bull driver at the same time.

A few feet away Pierre finally managed to snatched Yuki's umbrella so that he can give it to Daniella, but as he looked up he realized that he was too late. Lando already beat him to it.

Pierre clenched his jaw as he looked at the duo with jealously in his eyes. They were standing close to each other and laughing.

Yuki snatched his umbrella back and walked away, cursing his teammate in Japanese.

“My first pole,” Lando threw his arm around his girlfriend’s shoulder as they walked away from the interviews. “We should celebrate tonight.”

“We definitely should,” Daniella smiled and was about to kiss him, but stopped herself as soon as she remembered that there are people around.

“P5 baby!” Daniel jumped in front of them out of nowhere. “We should go out to celebrate tonight.”

Lando and Daniella looked at each out, then looked back at Daniel who looks very cheerful with his qualifying position.

“Umm…me and Lando were actually thinking that we will just go out for dinner,” Daniella tried to explain.

“Perfect!” Daniel clapped his hands. “I will ask Max if he will join us.”

“No Daniel,” Daniella tried to clarify. “We actually wants to…”

“What is going on here?” Carlos joined.

Lando face palmed himself, already knowing what is about to happen.

“We are going out for dinner tonight,” Daniel told Carlos.

“Three of you?” Carlos asked, pointing at them.

Daniella shook her head.

Daniel nodded.

“You three are going to dinner without me?” Carlos looked offended.

“You can join us,” Daniel invited the Ferrari driver.

Daniella looked at Lando for help who just raised his hands as surrender.

“This is going to be fun.”

************

A/N: Pierre is jealous.

Lando and Dani's date turned into a group dinner.

The next chapter is going to be the Russian gran prix, and we already know what happened 😭