36. Hell

A week has passed

A week has passed.

I left Drystan to work alone today, why? Because I can. I snuck out of the club but- because I'm nice- I left a note saying Make sure no one dies.

I cannot be bothered spending another day in that hellhole.

How will I survive actual hell like this?

I'm wearing black cargo pants with a grey tube top and black jacket, my dagger is still strapped to my thigh like always. I have a rifle strapped around my back- It was not assembled yet so the pieces are in my large cross body bag and I have a black ski mask bunched up at my forehead.

I had retrieved my dagger from Drystan's car the morning after we slept together.

Fucker started whispering some Italian shit while I was a few seconds away from falling asleep and disturbed me.

The rest of the week, we worked at the club, bugged the backroom and the rest of the club, had mind blowing sex in his room and then talked about anything and everything. I've been sleeping in his room recently.

It was cute really.

I've never had a 'cute' relationship, of course there were men and women whom wanted me, but I didn't have time for a relationship.

Drystan has taught me to loosen up a little.

I've come to the conclusion that he's as much good for me, as he is bad for me.

It balances out I guess.

He distracts me from work, maybe that's a good thing.

And he's incredibly good looking so that's a bonus.

I have many small knives stashed into the pockets of my pants, I'm looking to spill blood today.

Anything to help me forget about this failing mission.

It's 8 O'clock but Russia is so godamn cold. It's late November now so winter is rolling in but fucking hell. I've had to wear gloves and earmuffs to keep myself from freezing to death.

I walk down the road and turn to the alleyway, I decide on stepping inside. I see a large pipe travelling from the ground to the top of the building, it had metal latches to hold onto the wall.

I walk further towards it and tug on it to see how steady it was, it hardly moved. I hold onto it with one hand and place one foot on the latch. Slowly I climb it, I throw my legs over the roof of the building and push my weight onto it.

I crouch on the roof, staring down at the people walking by, I look at the horizon and realise the building beside this one was only a few feet away.

I bet I could jump.

So that's what I do, I run towards the edge of the roof and launch myself across the building gap.