TWENTY-FIVE

TWENTY-FIVE
LILAH

"Get off me!" I yank my hand out of Dale's grip and move away from him. "I suppose if we're going to start accusing each other of cheating, I should ask how you and your lovely work colleague are getting on? You know, the one with the lovely long brown hair that happens to get trapped in the sheets of hotel rooms?!"

Dale's face hardens at my words.

"No idea what you're accusing me off but I suggest you shut the fuck up!" He shouts in my face but I stand my ground. "You're a whore, Lilah, fucking my boss! What do you think you're going to to get out of it, his money? Because that's what you and your family are, money grabbing thief's!"

I release a shaky breath and go to move further away from him but he grabs hold of my wrist again.

"Look at me!" He grits and a cry escapes my lips when he squeezes my wrist extra tighter. "Just admit it, Lilah! You think you're too good for me don't you? Better than me?"

"I'm always going to be a better person than you, Dale." I hiss. "You and your fucked up family!"

"I'm gonna k—"

My body jolts at the sound of a gunshot and I watch as Dale's eyes widen before he drops down to his knees.

My eyes then shoot up to see Nasir standing in front of me with a gun.

"Wasting bullets on motherfuckers like this." Nasir huffs but I'm too in shock to comprehend what just happened.

"I-I....I —"

I'm a blabbering mess.

"He's lucky I didn't shoot him straight in the head." My mouth falls open and I watch as he makes his way over to me. "You okay?" He looks down at me with concerned eyes.

"Have you killed him?" I can feel myself begin to hyperventilate.

Oh my fucking God!

"No, no, no. Not yet at least." He mumbles and my eyes widen. "Ollie called me, said you were in trouble."

I look down to an unconscious Dale on the floor and then back up at Nasir.

"He knows." I whisper and he slowly nods his head.

"Doesn't give him the right to say all that shit to you. Especially when he does the same shit. Now Ollie is waiting outside, you go to him and I'll sort this out." I nod my head and he pats my shoulder before ushering me outside.

My heart skips a beat at the sight of Ollie sitting on the bonnet of his car. He looks up at me and for the first time I can't read the expression on his face. However, a small sob escapes my lips when he opens his arms.

I don't hesitate to run over to him and throw myself into his warm embrace.

"I'm sorry, baby. I love you so much, I'm sorry." He mumbles as he rests his head on top of mine. "I let Nasir know about this the minute you told me you had to get home. Did that piece of shit hurt you, beautiful?" Ollie looks my body over but all I can do is stare at his chest.

Then I think about what could of happened if Nasir and Ollie hadn't shown up.

"Baby?" Ollie whispers and I look up at him with watery eyes. "You're okay, I've got you. Let's get you back to mine, yeah?" I nod my head and watch as he opens the passenger door for me.

The drive back to his is silent. Ollie keeps his hand placed on my thigh, occasionally squeezing it every now and then.

When I step into his penthouse I can't help but release a sob, feeling scared about what could happen. It won't take long for Dale's parent's to figure out that he's disappeared.

Ollie doesn't hesitate to pull me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him tightly and cry into his chest.

"Are you angry with me?" I sniffle and he pulls back a little to look down at me with furrowed eyebrows. "You never told me you loved me back when you dropped me off." His face falls at my words.

He reaches up to hold my face, his thumb brushing along my cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I was frustrated and I shouldn't of taken that out on you, I just wish we didn't have to go through all of this. But I promise you this will all get sorted." He reassures me and all I can do is nod. "I do love you, Lilah."

"I love you too." I nod and a smile etches onto his face. "But please tell me why I just witnessed Nasir shoot Dale in the stomach."

Ollie chuckles.

"Like my uncle said, he can be a dangerous man when he wants to but I promise no harm will come to you."

"I trust you." I whisper. "What will happen to Dale?"

"I gotta wait for my uncle to call me so it could be a while." He strokes my hair and then pulls away causing me to pout.

"Do you think I'm a whore?" I blurt out and Ollie stumbles back a little at my question. "Dale called me a whore and a money grabbing thief for sleeping with you." I laugh lightly and shake my head in disbelief.

I look up at Ollie to see him staring at me with a hard face. He does not look happy one bit.

He releases a deep breath and shakes his head.

"You're not a whore, Lilah and you're not a money grabbing thief. You want to know what you are? You're my girl, my love. There's not one negative thing about you, baby so ignore whatever came out of that scumbags mouth."

"Okay." My smile brightens when he places a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Let me take you out tonight." He whispers and I look up at him with wide eyes.

"Even after all this?"

"Even after all this." He nods, repeating my words with a smirk.

"I've got nothing to wear."

"You've got a whole wardrobe here." He beams and my mouth falls opens. "I had a feeling you'd be here more often so I bought you some clothes."

"Ollie." I whisper. "Thank you so much!" I wrap my arms around him and squeal in excitement.

•••

Ollie and I walk into a restaurant hand in hand with one another.

I feel love drunk with all the affection he's been showing me. It doesn't even feel like my so called husband was shot hours ago as I walk into the restaurant with a huge grin on my face.

"Hey give me a minute, I gotta go toilet." Ollie tells me, quickly kissing me on the cheek before walking to the toilet.

I take a seat and look around the nice restaurant but I frown when I feel a small tug on my dress.

"Miss." I look down to see a little boy with big brown eyes looking up at me like he's about to cry.

"Oh darling. Are you okay?" I question him, looking around to see if there are concerned parents looking for their child.

"I-I run away." He whimpers reaching out for me and my eyes widen.

I stand up and lift him up into my arms.

"Why did you run away little man? Your mummy and daddy must be really worried." He just continues to cry and buries his faces into the crook of my neck.

"I don't want to go back miss." He whimpers and my heart breaks.

He must be getting abused.

Ollie walks out of the toilet and he pauses when he sees me with a random child in my arms.

He slowly makes his way over to us just as the boy turns his head. I watch curiously as Ollie's eyes widen and a shaky breath leaves his mouth.

"Greyson." He whispers and looks at me with wide eyes.

"He's your son?" I whisper so only he can hear and I'm left shocked when he nods his head.

"That's my boy."

A/N
Oop👁👄👁💕