8

"So, are you going to tell me why I found you in unclaimed territory on the verge of death?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"No."

"Okayyy... Well, long story short my ex-mate rejected me, turns out he wanted my little sister. So I guess he decided to get me out of the picture completely."

"Who is he? I'll kill him!"

A growl rattles the entire room as he jumps out of the chair. His eyes are glowing bright emerald and based off the heavy breathing he's doing I can tell he's close to shifting. The last thing this room needs is a Alpha shifting and going crazy in here, so I decide to do the only thing I can think of to calm him down.

I get off the bed and slowly walk towards him, he's still pacing the room so lost in his anger he doesn't notice me until I put my hand on his shoulder. He turns to me with such an anger in his eyes it makes me jump back slightly, which only causes him to growl again.

He closes the distance between us and wraps his arms around my waist, nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck and inhaling deeply. With his close proximity I can't help but feel those amazing sparks and smell how delicious he smells.

Goddess, why is he so perfect? No! Stop, don't let yourself go there.

When I can tell he's finally calmed down I break away from him, even with his reluctant hold on me. I decide to try to change the topic and get as far from him as possible.

"So, where can a girl get something good to eat around here?"

"Don't think I'm going to let this ex thing go, but it's something I can deal with later. For now I can have my cook fix you anything you'd like, follow me."

He smiles at me and grabs my hand to lead me out the door.

"Umm Zane, can I put some clothes on first?"

I blush slightly as I point down to the hospital gown I'm wearing. He looks at it and growls, probably from the thought of unmated males seeing me in something the basically shows my entire backside.

"I had Millie put some clothes in the bathroom for you. You can go take a shower and change in there, I'll wait right outside the room for you."

"Thank you."

He walks out the door and I walk into the bathroom, it's actually pretty nice for a hospital bathroom. The shower is the kind that has sprayers everywhere and I love it. Once I clean myself and hop out I dry myself and my hair with the towel and look for the clothes.

I find them sitting over on a shelf by the sink, I quickly dress trying to hurry. I'm thankful for what Millie left me, a matching black bra and thong set, simple black leggings and an oversized t-shirt with ZZ Top on it, I also notice the black flip-flops she left on the floor.

I find the tooth and hair brushes she also left me on the counter, so I quickly brush my teeth and hair. Deciding to throw my still wet hair up into a bun I go to walk out, but the mirror however catches my attention, I can't believe my refection.

I don't know how but I look completely healed, better even. My eyes are bright and my face looks full and healthy. I decide to hurry up and go to Zane, because I'm starving and I don't want to leave him waiting.

And the sooner I get out of this room, the sooner I find my way out of this pack and off this land.

As soon as I start to open the door I hear heels approaching. At first I think it's just Millie, until I hear the annoying high-pitched voice.

"Zane baby! Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you."

Great, now who's this slut-bag bimbo.

I walk out of the room slowly and stand behind Zane. A girl probably a few years older than me walks towards us, eyeing Zane like a he's a steak and she's a starving wolf.

She's stands slightly taller than my height, but only thanks to her 6' heels, and has fire-truck red hair and blue eyes. Certain body parts are almost comically disproportionate to the rest of her body, and she has more make up on her face right now than I've owned my entire life.

Red hair, tons of makeup, disproportionate body parts.. Ha! She's bozo! Bozo the bimbo!

"Oh baby, I'm so glad I found you! I was wanting to know if you wanted some one on one time."

She winks as she continues getting closer to us. Zane let's out a growl and I can tell his eyes are more than likely starting to glow, but bozo here apparently didn't notice any of it. Because she keeps walking closer until she's right in front of him, so I decide to step out from behind him and stand beside him.

When she finally notices me she give me a once over and a nasty look. Nothing I'm not use to, but before he can even speak bozo opens her mouth again

"Baby, who's this mutt?"

Who the fuck is this bitch calling a mutt?!

She starts to put her hand on his arm, and I unintentionally let out a small growl. Whether I want him or not, he's still my mate for now; and I don't want to see another female touching him.

I'm sure my eyes are starting to glow at this point too, so I close them and take a few deep breaths. The last thing I need is questions about why my eyes glow a different color. Thankfully he turns out of her reach before her hand makes contact, and puts his arm around me.

"Giselle I will not tell you again, I am not your baby or anything close to it! You call me Alpha understand! This is Nova, she is your Luna. You will show her the same respect you show me, and the only mutt I see here is you."

Ha! How'd ya like that bozo?

I can tell by the look on her face she didn't like that one bit, but she bows her head and turns it slightly to the side showing submission anyways. Giving me the evil eye the entire time, she finally huffs and walks away.

"Good friend of yours?"

I say more annoyed than anything and start to walk away from him, but he stops me.

"Not at all, look I'm sorry about her. I may have hooked up with her a few times here and there, just to take out my frustrations of not finding you yet. I mean I am twenty-nine love, I wasn't even sure you existed. At some point I think she got it in her head that I'd make her Luna, but I had never told her that. I had told her from the start it was just physical."

I want to physically vomit.

"Wait, twenty-nine? Shouldn't you have had a mate already? Aren't I your second chance?"

"No. You are my one and only True Mate Nova."

He brings his hand up and cups my chin, and rubs his thumb across my jaw while he smiles at me; and I want to melt because of it.

Wait... What the fuck? I'm his first mate?? How??

I stopped that thought process immediately. It doesn't matter, I'm not going to be his Luna, mate or anything close to it. I'll be damned if I open up or trust another 'mate' again. Hell, the last one had me fooled for four fucking years!

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Giselle, but feel free to change her into whoever you want to see her as.