Worry

Josh's POV

I quickly take out my phone and message Riley.

Me:

Where does Maya go when she's upset?

Riley

What happened?!

Me:

I just saw her and she ran off
She looked...scared

Riley

Where are you?
I'm on my way now

Me:

No Riley stay at school
I feel like this is my fault 
I'll check on her and I'll keep you updated

Riley

Fine..
She'll probably go to her apartment for some time alone

Me:

Where's her apartment?

At Riley sends me her address I start walking to her apartment.

Maya's POV

I eventually hear David walk away and I slowly get to my feet over to my bed where my sketchpad and pencils are. I sit on the edge of my bed and start drawing. It helps calm me down and distract me. I hear a knock on the door and footsteps as David goes to answer it. "Hi sir, is Maya home?" I'd recognise that voice anywhere. What is he doing here? I move my drawers, which he probably heard before opening my door and walking to the door. "Who is this Maya?" David asks sternly and I gulp before answering, "Riley's uncle." I state. "Then what is he doing here Maya?..and why is he so young?!" He asks, starting to yell slightly making me take a step back. I see Josh watching us out of the corner of my eye so I straighten up and ask, "Can I talk to him for a second?" Dreading the answer. Surprisingly, he says, "Yes, but make it quick" Before walking away. I sigh knowing he's probably listening, "What's goi--" He starts but I cover his mouth before he can continue and glare at him berfore dragging him out of the apartment and closing the door. "Why did you do that?" He asks with his eyebrow raised at me. "He was listening." I state simply. "Wh..Anyways, what is going on with you? Riley told me you've been alienating yourself and about a bruise on your arm and red hand mark on your face. When I saw you, you looked so scared and you..flinched when I put my hand near your face. Maya, please. You can trust me. Just tell me what's wrong." He says and takes my hands in his. I quickly snatch them away, "I-I c-can't tell you..." I stutter. "Then at least be with your friends again." He responds and I nod slowly and turn to go back inside but stop knowing what will happen. "I-I'll just go to school.." I tell him and he studies my face before responding, "I'll walk with you." He states and I narrow my eyes before agreeing and walking away with him following.

--Thanks for reading, I wasn't sure what to do at the end so sorry for the crap ending :') I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--