seven.

deadly games❝late night talking❞

deadly games
late night talking

DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE YOUR LAST TALK WITH HATTER. That man was always exhausting, creating unnecessary headaches. And besides the fact that you only had three days left on your visa, things weren't that bad for you at the moment.

  These days have been quite peaceful. You spent them with Kuina talking about nothings. Sometimes, you were seeing Ann in the hallways and made small talk — she's been busier than usual. There haven't been any more meetings since the one from five days ago. And you haven't seen Chishiya since then either. It was understandable, since he had a lot of days on his visa. He cleared multiple games in a row with high enough difficulty. Those games got him almost two weeks free from playing.

You heard from Kuina that he was annoyed after his first meeting as an executive. 'This was a complete waste of time', he used those exact words. The meeting was indeed rushed and useless. He wanted information and received nothing.

You were glad that you had at least a few more days with nothing to be worried about.

It was a sunny day and you were with Kuina by the pool, sitting on some chairs in front of the bar, analizing the people from the Beach. You were trying to guess which type of game was everyone's speciality.

"What about her?" Kuina asked while pointing at a girl who was flirting with a guy. The girl had brown hair with a tint of purple, and she had a pretty good body shape. Her athletic body was enough to know your answer.

"Definitely Spades. What do you think about him?" you pointed at a guy in the pool who was sipping from a martini.

"He looks like a Clubs guy." she said and you shook your head.

"He might be a Diamonds guy. The way he sips that martini gives pretentious vibes." the girl seemed to agree with your perspective.

Kuina's eyes went around the pool area, looking for someone interesting and useful to your little game.

"I have a good one." her eyes stopped on a topless guy, who was laying on a sunbed trying to tan. He looked too unbothered.

"He is definitely a follower. If someone chooses not to help him in a game, he's dead." you answered.

"I think Clubs or Spades might work just fine for him." a familiar voice sent tingles all over your neck. The fact that it was unexpected panicked you, making Chishiya snort.

"Don't do that ever again." you threatened, but he looked amused.

  It was still unknown to you on which ground were you standing now with him. Friends? Definitely not. Maybe the right answer would be people who know each other. It didn't feel like there was any cold blood between you right now, which felt nice. Although, that probably won't last knowing how he is.