04

new year's ―
04. kisses and goodbye's

2 days ago, 12:10am

    Kira felt so alive.

Kira and her friends decided to spend new years in new york city this year, and let me tell you, it was the best decidion they have ever made. She was running with her friends, laughing and screaming, pushing people out of the way, and living her best life. She couldn't believe that she had done that, she knew she was Kira, but it was so surreal. She kissed someone. She kissed a stranger.

    "Kae, what a fck was that?" Marcus asked confused.

Her friends stopped in a corner, alongside an hotdog place, and turned to Kira. Flynn was smirking to Kira, not impressed with her bold choices and free spirit. They all knew she couldn't care less about things, she was impulsive and a life lover. She was Kira Ruiz, she was a likable person.

    "Kira, i love you so much, but what was that?" Lucas turned to her this time, while ordering a hotdog. "Thank you." He said to the guy.

    "What?" She let out a laugh.

    "Why are you guys so surprised? We're friends since high school, you know how she is." Flynn shook his head smiling.

Kira winked at Flynn and sat down on the pavement, she took her phone out and sent a message to her family groupchat wishing everyone an happy new year. She then went on Instagram and saw people from her college having dinner and being with friends - it wasn't New Years in California yet. She found it quite admiring, the way the world was. Completely different timezones, differente lives and yet everyone was living at the same time. The concept of time was confusing, but Kira couldn't care less about it.

She then decided to take a picture of her surroundings with a text wishing an Happy New Year and posted it on her story. Soon enough, her best friend Blair, replied to it, wishing her one too from Spain. Blair was her best friend since college, they met in Photography class on their first year and since then, they became inseparable. Blair was attending college in California, since she was from Spain, and her brother Leo, came with her. Both Leo and Kira briefly dated last year, but things got a little bit messy between the two, so they broke up. However, Leo still had feelings for Kira, everyone knew that, but Kira wasn't someone to go back to the past, she truly believed in living in the moment and only look foward, and so, she completely shuts off that part of Leo and kept being friends with him anyway.

    "Guys, look at Blair!" Kira turned her phone to her friends, showing them the picture Blair sent her.

    "Aw, look at her, she looks cute." Flynn said.

     Marcus rolled his eyes. "Your crushing is showing." Flynn laughed at that and shook his head. "But, hey ! Miss Kira, we were talking to you. Don't change the subject."

Kira put her phone away and looked at her friends confused. She completely zoned out of their conversation.

    "The kiss, you fool." Lucas replied and handed her the hotdog, which made Kira smile instantly.

    "We still on about it?" Kira gave a bite to it and gave a thumbs up to Lucas.

Kira didn't know why it was a topic, it's not like she hasn't done things that no one else expects. Once again, she was Kira.