Chapter 133: Grand Noble Meeting & Roan Extends Helping Hands to Caro

Cale gathered people in the Commander's office the day after his chat with the crown prince. He opened the closed door to the office.

Click. The door opened with a quiet noise and Cale could see inside of the office.

"Commander-nim, you're here."

He could see the long oval table in the office. All of the people sitting at the table got up in order to greet Cale.

The Ubarr liege, the Knight Captain of the First Knights Brigade, Mage Captain Tasha, young lady Amiru who was responsible for the video communication devices and record keeping, as well as many others who were the core of the northeast region's naval base, were in the office.

Their expressions did not look good. They lightly lowered their heads as Cale motioned to them with his eyes as he headed toward the head of the table.

"Commander-nim, did you eat?"
"Did you get to eat, commander-nim?"

'...What the...?' Cale felt odd after hearing people greeting him like this with serious expressions. 'Why are they caring about my meal so much? Is this the new trend these days?'

Cale casually nodded his head as he sat down at the head of the table.

The Ubarr liege started to speak as soon as he sat down. "Commander-nim, will you be going to the capital?"

The question made the atmosphere in the room become sullen. They had received the message at the naval base this morning.

It indicated that they were requesting Commander Cale Henituse's presence at the Grand Nobles Meeting. That was why the naval base was chaotic ever since the morning.

"Yes, I am going." Cale's confident response made them not ask any other questions.

Commander Cale Henituse. He was an extremely smart person. They didn't know how to refute a decision made by such a person.

The Mage Captain, Dark Elf Tasha, hid her head inside her robe in order to hide her annoyed expression.

'These nobles-' However, before she could even finish her thought, someone started to speak.

"All these noble bastards always do the same thing."

'Gasp.' Tasha gasped internally. She then turned her head to the side.

The Captain of the First Knights Brigade.
That stoic human was sitting there with a stoic expression as if he had not said anything.

He responded stiffly after seeing the eyes fall on him. "Ah, of course, the proper nobles are exceptions. I'm talking about the noble bastards who care so much about their factions."

'Wow.' Tasha was amazed to hear these words that she had wanted to say as well.

The fact that the Knight Captain had no issues saying these things meant that he considered everyone here, especially Cale, as being on his side.

The Knight Captain closed his mouth as if he had not said anything at all. But other people started to speak after he had opened up the floodgates.

"The war is not over, and the northeast region's naval base is still busy with the cleanup. How can they order our commander-nim to come and go as they please?!"

"These fools who don't know how cruel and scary war is as they just sit there and try to boss him around!"

"They are probably trying to suppress you, commander-nim!" One of them shouted in anger. "And they are not just calling you, commander-nim! They are calling Choi Han-nim and the necromancer-nim as well! Just what-"