thirteen

"Is that Iris?" Pope asked as he looked out of the Twinkie's window and JJ appeared beside him quickly

"Holy shit, it is. What the hell is she doing out here? And alone?"

"We should probably ask her if she wants to come in-"

"No." Kiara said immediately, "Absolutely not."

"Kie, it's pouring out. And she's alone."

"It could be a trap. What is up with you guys and your sudden interest in Kooks and their sudden interest in you? Don't you think it's all a bit weird?"

"I mean, when you say it like that yeah, but-" JJ replied with a nod.

"So don't let her in then."

"I can't do that, Kie." JJ sighed and opened the door, "Hey Kook Queen, over here!"

They watched as she struggled to see where she was going and JJ hesitated to get out of the van.

"Iris, to your left!" JJ yelled again and she finally saw the Twinkie, running over to them as the guys helped her get in.

"Holy shit, it's pouring, oh god, I'm soaked." Iris said as she looked up at them, "Thanks guys."

"What are you doing here?" JJ asked as she gave them a confused look.

"Did Rafe and Topper and the others not follow you out here?"

"No, we've been out here for awhile and you're the only person we've seen." Pope replied, sharing a glance with JJ.

"Oh I totally fucked this up then." She took a deep breath, "After you guys left, a little while later, uh, the Kooks left and so I thought they were coming after JJ, because you know, but I guess I was wrong-"

Kiara cut her off, "Why would they be coming after JJ?"

JJ cleared his throat, "That's a great question, Kie, um, I wonder, uh."

"Okay, what the hell is going on?" Kiara asked as JJ and Iris shared a look.

"I may have, we might have, uh, kissed earlier in front of the Kooks." JJ said with a small laugh, "More specifically....Rafe..."

Pope tried to hide his smile by hiding his face in his hands, "What? Did I hear that right?"

"You what?" Kiara asked, "First John B, now you? What the hell is wrong with you guys?"

"Woah, uh, John B? No I never kissed him-" Iris began before Kiara cut her off.

"No, but Sarah did. Pretty sure they're together now."

"Sarah? Like Sarah Cameron? And John B? No way! What? No-"

"She's not lying." Pope chimed in, "That's partially why we're here, because they wanted to meet up."