On The Move

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"Commander."

I turn my head, looking behind me, seeing one of the officers I chose, Lord Offa."

"Yes?"

"May I speak plainly?"

"Have you not been doing so as of late?"

I ask, shaking my head. Some of the officers, Lord Offa included, have been restless. They want a large battle but the Lannister Lion's are holding back. We've only engaged small pockets but not a whole army yet.

And they don't necessarily like being under the command of a woman.

"Forgive me, Commander, but it's been two months since Stannis was broken on the Blackwater and it's been two weeks since our last engagement."

I nod, continuing looking ahead.

"Aye."

"I'm thinking we should regroup with King Robb."

I look at him, shaking my head.

"No. Robb sent us out to fight and that's what we will continue to do."

"This isn't fighting. These engagements haven't been any real battles. The men are quite frankly getting bored with it."

"They should not be in need of entertainment. This is war."

Lord Offa shakes his head.

"Not really. With Renly dead and Stannis broken, there aren't many kings left."

And with that, Lord Offa walks away to one of the war tents. I sigh heavily.

"Trouble, Commander?"

I turn around, seeing Lady Mormont. I rub my eyes.

"The men are tireless. It's almost barbaric how bloodthirsty some of them are."

"Aye, it is. But they have their reasons just like you have yours."

I nod, taking a deep breath.

"We'll be on the move again by first light. I suggest you get some well-deserved rest."

"As you wish."

She smiles at me and I smile back. I walk to my tent, plopping down on a chair after tossing my sword belts away on the ground.

My dreams have been jumbled, lately. A mixture of war and magic. I see dragons. Of all the creatures in the world I see dragon in my dreams. Not just the mythical beasts that brought the Seven Kingdoms to heal, but the other dragons.

The Targaryen's.

Their reign ended nearly 20 years ago but there's more of them. I've seen it. A girl across the Narrow Sea is all that remains of their once great dynasty. It's strange how I can see her almost as if I was standing next to her.

I sigh.

"Who even are you?"

I ask aloud, annoyed and frustrated I can't find an answer to the question. I have a feeling she can see me, too. At the Whispering Woods, her eyes connected with mine and I know she saw me.

I know it.

~~Adwin Lannister~~

"It's been two months since we won at the Blackwater but the Young Wolf isn't dead yet."

The long-haired Lannister speaks in disgust.

"But he isn't the last threat. Evelyn Dayne has been reeking havoc on our smaller pocket groups, littering the fields with Lannister corpses."

"You don't think I know that, brother?"

Tywin asks, staring across the table at his youngest brother. Tywin always felt distaste and slight malice towards him. The gods made it so that the Targaryen's were mad, and he thinks his brother is on the borderline of insanity. That son of his is no better.

"She's been mercilessly killing my men."

"The last time I checked, they were my men."

Tywin corrects.

"You are not Lord of the Rock, you are not Protector of the Realm, and you are lucky your name is Lannister or else I would've had you tossed from the cliffs of Casterly Rock the moment you were born."

Tywin belittles Adwin, who glares daggers at his older brother.

"I won't sit here taking insults from-"

"You will continue to do your duty, brother. And if not, then someone else will be doing it for you."

Tywin and the Black Lion glare at one another for a long and tense moment before Adwin finally relents.

"Forgive me."

Tywin sighs, looking at the maps across the table.

"The Mountain was defeated at the Stone Mill by the Tully's."

"How many men killed?"

The youngest of the two, Archwin Lannister, son of the Black Lion speaks up.

"400 or so. Another 100 taken prisoner by the Tully's. Ser Gregor Clegane managed escape."

Tywin says.

"He's coming back to the Rock?"

"No. The Young Wolf is blocking his way, he'd never survive. At least the big idiot can realize that."

"Then where else can he go? His remaining forces will be picked off in the Riverlands."

Adwin says. Tywin looks at the map in thought before leaning back in his chair, sighing. That Dayne will kill him, surely.

"Harrenhal."

"There's nothing left, there."

"And the Lady Dayne was last seen around that area. If she's at Harrenhal we should send a larger force in support of the Mountain and kill her."

"Enough."

Tywin silences his younger brother.

"The Mountain has been dragging out forces down, getting them slaughtered recklessly left and right. Let the wolves devour the dog."

Archwin and Adwin groan in frustration before standing up and leaving the meeting room inside the Red Keep.

~~~~~
A/N

Anyways, I hope you all like this chapter. I know it's a bit short but yeah. I just introduced a new OC which is the son of Adwin Lannister, the other OC.

So it's a Canon divergence here. So I skipped over the Battle of Blackwater and Evelyn is still fighting with her army but haven't had any real challenges yet.

That will change.

Thank you for reading!