Chapter 91

Doe's POV:

Another day and still no letter inviting him home.

At this point, it felt like the two of us were just waiting around for that letter to come so we could get the hell out of here.

Getting out of here did feel like somewhat of a next step for us- or just me.

Finally leaving everything behind for good and moving on.

I reached my hand down into the bowl beside me, plucking a blackberry from it before tossing it into my mouth, glancing up from this vastly outdated brochure Xander had found of his territory.

He carefully balanced his full glass of blood as he maneuvered himself back onto his side of our bed, taking a long gulp before relaxing his back into the pillows.

He'd actually asked me before he ordered it where he wanted me to get his blood source from today.

'I'm gonna need blood here soon, so should I order it, or is it gonna be yours,' he so cheekily wondered.

And just for that, I told him to just order it.

Okay, maybe it wasn't just for that...

These hickeys were still very prominent and the thought of having him so close to my neck again caused a tingling in my stomach.

It wasn't nerves, that much I knew.

It was almost warm, yet caused me to shy away and pull a much more potent heat into my face.

For now, I'll just plan on letting him feed on me tomorrow and just hope I figure it out from there.

"So," he breathed out, taking a few more sips from his glass, "Thought of any more things you wanna do? Or put some other things on your bucket list yet?"

He'd explained that term to me earlier, but just like before, I still didn't have much of a clue on what to put on it.

"I was kind of waiting till we got to your place to start figuring that out," I admitted, "I only had like two things on it, to begin with."

"Which were?" he pushed.

"The guitar, which is already covered" I paused, chewing on another blackberry, "And losing my virginity was on there for a minute, but I guess with this whole 'citizenship' thing, I've got time to work on that."

Even if I didn't completely like what other things that citizenship might entail, I wasn't just going to deny an extension on my life.

There was a silence after my open answer, which I filled by snacking on more of this fruit.

"Really," He finally filled the silence, sounding surprised, "I thought what with how you grew up, you'd just kind of be indifferent about that sort of thing."

I shrugged.

It's true. Given how they taught it to us, I did feel that way for a little bit.

I'd accepted that sex was just going to be something that I experienced one way or another. Whether it be with the one who purchased me, or just with someone else if I were to get returned to the mistress I grew up with after I turned twenty-five.

In some kind of twisted way over time, it made me curious.

"I used to be. Since It was brought up as something expected from me, but they said there was a small chance that I would find it enjoyable, so I just want to at least experience it once, and then make my own deduction from there. It is... natural after all so..,"