𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞||𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲

That fucker has pushed my limits

That fucker has pushed my limits. I have been patient with him. Giving him the opportunity to stop with his bullshit threats but he doesn't learn, does he? He sent his men to give me a crumpled up piece of paper that was left in the trolley we were using after we abandoned it in the sweet isle.

One month. Those two words kept repeating itself in my head.

After I left Amara, one of my fathers men came around the corner and hit me with the back of their gun. I knew it was his men after that Russian fuck spilled all of his secrets. Dumbass. I then knocked him out and called up Pietro to take him to one of the holding cells at the warehouse.

I had notice them following us ever since we left the house but I didn't want to alarm her so I acted as if nothing was happening. That was until 3 or 4 men arrived at the store, fully armed.

I don't know what I'm suppose to fucking do. How am I suppose to protect her when I'm not with her? I have to protect her because thats what my mom would've wanted and I'm trying so fucking hard to do that. But it's hard when's she not around anymore, knowing that one day I'll fuck up everything. I shouldn't care about her.

What is he going to do to her?

It was all a mystery. Like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

"What are you thinking?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. We were now back in the car, driving back home, her snacks included since she said they're 'essential'.

"Nothing." I grumbled, running a hand through my hair out of habit as my grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"Bullshit." She scoffed, resting her chin on her hand as she gazed at me. Stop looking at me like that.

I glanced over at her then back at the road, "I don't want you worrying about it amore."

She sighed, "How am I suppose to not worry about it? They were following us." I didn't tell her who was following us because she doesn't need to know.

She then leaned over the seat to grab a bag from the backseat that was full of all the junk food she got. Amara took out a pack of sour patch kids and shoved a red one in her mouth. How does she eat that shit?

"Here." She held out the sour patch kid bag towards me. Hesitantly, I took one from the bag and placed it in my mouth, chewing slowly. Fuck no.

I rolled down the window and spat it out, "I don't like it." I grumbled.

She  scoffed, grabbing another sweet packet from the grocery bag. "What about these?" She held up a starburst bag.

I held my palm out for her so she placed a green one in my hand, grinning like an idiot. I shook my head slightly, unwrapping the sweet and putting it in my mouth. Much better.