Chapter 134: Battle at Castle Leona

Cale had asked Mary before coming to this meeting. "Mary, a priest of the Sun God will be there. Do you still want to go? I think it is fine if you rest here with Raon."

"I do not need to hide. I am strong. Vice Captain Hilsman-nim told me that the words of the priests are bullshit. Young master-nim, you said I have to ignore the bullshit, so I will. I also wish to be like Choi Han-nim and stand behind you, no matter what happens."

"If that is your will, then let's go together."

Raon had said something as well.

– Human, do not worry. I will protect good girl Mary!

Raon liked Mary quite a bit. Cale thought that it might be because their lives had a lot of similarities.

Cale stopped thinking about Raon and Mary as he looked toward the person explaining the plan. He needed to focus on the meeting.

"The battle will take place at the Caro Kingdom's Castle Leona." The chief's finger pointed to a map of the Caro Kingdom.

"To the south of the Caro Kingdom is the Land of Death, one of the Five Forbidden Regions. That is why there is no chance of the Indomitable Alliance coming through there." He drew an X with his finger over the Land of Death.

He then moved his finger toward the center of the Caro Kingdom. "Based on their current route, there is a good chance that they will land on the central shores. The central shores are the closest point to the Caro Kingdom's capital."

The Caro Kingdom had given up on a naval battle. Their navy was weak and it was difficult to get reinforcements out in the waters. They thus chose to aim for a battle on the central shores instead.

That place was less developed and did not have many people. In addition, there were two large mountains right by the shore.

They didn't know what was making the Indomitable Alliance so confident to come to the central area instead of the northern area of the Caro Kingdom, but it was a good opportunity for the Caro Kingdom.

"That is why we have moved the food stored in warehouses and the citizens living in the central shores region and have also moved all of our forces near Castle Leona." His finger pointed to the large castle by the central shores.

Castle Leona. According to the map, it seemed to be larger than the other castles in the Caro Kingdom.

"Castle Leona is located between the two mountains by the central shores. You can just think of it as there being no path to the capital without going through Castle Leona."

Although the enemy could hike through the two mountains, the chances of that were slim. It was not that easy to climb past those mountains on foot.

"What is the number of ships in the Indomitable Alliance's fleet?" The Mogoru Empire's Duke Huten asked the question.

The Duke looked extremely natural in pretending not to know, even though he already knew about it.

"Approximately 500-600 ships, Duke-nim. There are many large vessels within the group. It is expected that a significant number of soldiers are inside of these ships." The problem was the quality of those soldiers.

"Ahem." The chief let out a fake cough before looking toward Cale and starting to speak. "Their abilities in the Roan Kingdom's Henituse territory was significant. That is why we believe we need to pay a lot of attention to the castle defense."

Cale just quietly listened. He would have probably thought of a way to stop them before the fleet arrived on shore, however, he also understood why the Caro Kingdom would choose to give up on naval warfare and instead plan to fight on the shores.