Chapter 18

______________________________

Third person pov
_______________________

Reign sat in her room, completing her school assignments, with River accompanying her, as he read through the financial reports of Alaric's and Ainsley's.

The Cavanaughs had gathered around the table, with a rare absence of the cousins, except Alistair, a thick atmosphere present around them, as they pondered on the reactions the twins could have when they understood what the family actually did for a living.

"Okay, this isn't going anywhere, guys. We can't just imagine their reactions! Everyone processes situations differently! So instead of wasting our time, why not just tell them? It can't be that bad." Alistair said, standing up in exasperation.

"This isn't that easy, Alistair, all of us grew up thinking the mafia as the most natural thing in our lives. They didn't. And being a part of the criminal life on such a short notice can be terrifying for anyone, son." Howard added, as a few of the boys secretly rolled their eyes, with Caden being one of them.

Caden knew something was wrong with the twins, especially with sister dearest, but without any proof, none of his suspicions could be proven. But Caden didn't know that the eldest Cavanaugh brothers had suspicions of their own, but couldn't prove anything either.

"The Alliance Dinner is tomorrow, father, we can't delay it anymore! It's either now, or them knowing it right on spot, which can't be good, no matter what happens." Nicholas added, and Howard sighed, knowing it was the truth.

"Fine then, let's hope for the best. Creed, son, could you please bring the twins down?" Howard asked Creed, then one person who was the most disinterested in the whole conversation and the family's plight, minding his own business, one of the qualities River loved in Creed.

Creed nodded and walked upstairs, actually looking forward to the younger ones' reaction to this interesting news.

He knocked on their door, and told them to come downstairs, as the family needed to talk to them, before coming back downstairs, without any extra words spoken.