Chapter 3

I walked into the Avengers' Tower the next day. I walked over to the elevator like Miss Potts had instructed me to do yesterday. I stepped in and the doors closed behind me.

"Where can I take you, Miss L/n?" Jarvis asked.

"The business level, please," I said, my voice shaking slightly.

"Of course," Jarvis said.

"Thank you," I said.

The elevator began rising and I tapped my foot nervously. When the doors opened, I walked straight to Miss Potts's office and knocked. Like yesterday, she replied with a simple, 'come in.'

I opened the door and Miss Potts looked up from her desk. She smiled at me brightly.

"Good morning, Y/n," she said.

"Good morning, Miss Potts," I said.

Miss Potts smiled at me and stood up.

"I'll show you to your office," she said, "and then I'll show you what to do."

I followed Miss Potts down the hall. We passed Mr Stark's office and then reached mine. Miss Potts opened the door and my jaw almost dropped.

My office was the same size and design as Miss Potts's. The bookshelf was stacked with books, and there were a few free shelves for what I assumed was to be used for my personal belongings. There was no liquor cabinet, though. Probably because I was underage.

"So, this is your office," Miss Potts said. "You have a Stark laptop to use for what you need. You also now have a Stark phone for work calls and such."

She walked over to the desk and tapped a piece of paper.

"Passwords are here," she said. "The laptop will take you through what you need to do. Have fun, and don't hesitate to call if you need help."

I thanked her and Miss Potts left with a smile. I looked around the office in amazement before deciding that I should probably get some work done. I placed my bag down beside my chair and sat down, turning the laptop on. I went through the tutorial which seemed pretty easy.

After the tutorial I started looking through Mr Stark's schedule. It was super messy, so I decided to move a few things around. I called a few people to let them know that Mr Stark needed to move meetings around and such.

After about an hour of reorganising Mr Stark's schedule, Jarvis spoke to me.

"Miss L/n, Mr Stark requires you in his office," Jarvis said.

"Okay, I'll be right there," I said, standing up.

I walked to his office and knocked on the door. I entered once he told me to.

"Oh, Y/n," Mr Stark said. "I need you to go downstairs and sign for my robotic parts and make sure they get to the labs. You can just drop 'em with Bruce."

"Yes, Mr Stark," I said. "I would also like to inform you that I've changed your schedule. You had three meetings overlapping each other, and you had a business call during your date night."

Mr Stark blinked at me, and I smiled nervously.

"Great job," he said, twirling a pen.

I nodded once and left his office to go and grab the supplies. I signed for them and took the box from the post person. The box was relatively small but heavy. I entered the elevator and asked Jarvis to take me to the labs.

"Mr Banner is in lab three," Jarvis told me.

"Thanks, Jarvis," I said.

I walked through the halls, slightly nervous. I was about to meet another Avenger, and one of the greatest scientists ever.

I knocked on the door of lab three and Bruce Banner looked up from his work. He quirked an eyebrow at me but motioned for me to come in.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"Y/n L/n," I replied, holding out the box to him. "I'm Mr Stark's assistant. He told me to bring this to you."

Bruce Banner took the box from me cautiously. When he opened it and realised it was the part he needed, he smiled at me.

"Thanks, Y/n," he said.

I smiled at him.

"No worries, Mr Banner," I replied.

I left the lab and took the elevator back up to my office. I was right outside Mr Stark's office when something dropped from the roof.

I shrieked and jumped back. The figure got up from the floor and shook their head. I recognised him as Clint Barton. He looked at me in confusion.

"Are you supposed to be here?" he asked.

"Yes, Legolas," Mr Stark said from the doorway of his office. "She's my assistant. What are you doing scaring her?"

Clint Barton rolled his eyes.

"Sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to fall out of the vents."

I looked up to see a hole in the roof where I assumed the vents were.

"Well, Clint, this is Y/n. Y/n, this is Clint," Mr Stark said.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Barton," I said, holding my hand out.

Mr Barton shook my hand slowly, his eyes still on Mr Stark. He turned back to me and smiled.

"Nice meeting you," he said. "I gotta bounce."

Mr Barton then walked away, leaving me slightly stunned.

"Sorry about that," Mr Stark said. "I hope he didn't give you a heart attack."

"Well, I have no chest discomfort or pain, no dizziness, no nausea and no other symptoms of a heart attack so... I think I'm good," I said.

Mr Stark chuckled.

"I'll let you get back to work," he said. "Thanks for fixing my schedule."

"No problem, Mr Stark," I said. "You would have been in a lot of trouble with Miss Potts if I hadn't moved the business call."

Mr Stark chuckled again, and I smiled.

This job really was great.