~eight~

Alena's POV

I hate people.

I hate many people in one place.

Maybe I don't hate people but I surely don't like them.

I don't like many people in one place.

That is the reason why I don't like meetings too.

And now I am stuck at one.

Lots of people in a place gives me anxiety. Chattering and fake laughing gives me headaches. And when someone tries to talk to me, I am fucked up.

People here know me very well and know how I am, so no one bothers to interact with me. And neither do I.

I am not much of an open person. I don't feel very comfortable around people. I am such a private person that if someone even asks me what I ate for breakfast this morning then I would say nothing even though I ate a sandwich.

The only people I am comfortable here with are, Angana, dad and Louis.

Others are just others.

I am seated at a conference table with people sitting around it. I am staring at the surface of the wooden table for god knows how long and listening to what dad is explaining. I don't dare to make eye contact with anyone as it scares me to death.

Don't get me wrong, I know everyone is really nice. I also know the names of everyone here but I don't wanna know them.

I lift my head for a few seconds to give a once over at the whole table of people to find a pair of familiar yet unfamiliar green eyes. But sadly they are nowhere to be found.

I don't know why I am excited to see him but apparently I am.

I have not seen him much in the past weeks. We occasionally see each other while getting into elevators or leaving but never properly. When we are in an elevator together, he stands at the far corner opposite of me minding his own business. His facial expression always stays unreadable and it seems like he is always serious.

Well it is kinda my fault as I don't get out of my lab much. And also this week I have been having a lot of continuous shifts at the mechanic store.

Like after this meeting I have to go immediately.

It has been a heck of a week and I don't know how much hecker it would get.

I hear my dad say, "okay the meeting is over. Everyone go to their respective areas now and if anyone has any ideas, do come meet me at my office anytime."

Thank god it's finally over. I always attend all of the meetings even though I hate being around people. I do it so that dad doesn't think I am irresponsible for not attending so I do it anyways.

Everyone starts standing up from their seats and exiting the room.

I stand up too and hurriedly try passing through this crowd of people.

Louis' voice pops in, "Hey Alena. Hurrying somewhere?" He asks, raising his eyebrows up and down.

"Yeah, I have got my shift today. Talk to you later. Gotta go, bye." With that I take my backpack and head towards the parking lot.

I am not going to be late today at work as I am on time, which is fantastic.

The time at work ends even before I know it and it is already 5pm. Zayn and I part our ways after getting out of the store.

After getting into the driver's seat of my car, I text my sister.

Me: it's saturday!!! meet me at our usual in 20 mins. i'll be on the 2nd floor.