Chapter 13

Y/N POV

You wake up with a pounding headache. Maybe drinking wasn't the best idea to numb your pain. It was definitely not the healthiest. The want to just stay in bed and not to go to work was super strong, but you promised Lizzie to see her today. Even though you have no idea what to say to her. She never should've seen you like that. Yesterday was the only day you allowed yourself to break down completely. It is the only day of the year you don't have to function. By now you already bottled everything up inside again, not wanting to show anyone that emotional vulnerability, you consider as "weak".
After showering and taking an aspirin, you already feel like a human being.
On your way to Lizzie, you start to get nervous. What will she think of you now? Did you scare her off?
As you hop off your motorcycle, Lizzie already opens the door. She must have heard you coming.

"Hey.", you say shyly.

At first she doesn't say anything. Then she comes up to you and pulls you into a hug. She holds you tight, not wanting to let go.

"Hey.", she replies softly as she pulls back. "I wasn't sure if you would come."

You chuckle awkwardly. "Well, I said see you tomorrow, soo here I am."

"Right. I'm glad you are.", Lizzie searches for your eyes, looking for some sort of explanation to what happened yesterday. Worry written all over her face.

"What is your plan for today?", you ask.

"Well, I got a day off, so-"

"You got a day off?", you interrupt her. "That happens like almost never."

"What can I say? I'm a lucky lady. They don't need me today.", she smiles. "So, I thought we could go to the beach and just hang out."

That thought of just spending time with Lizzie draws a smile on your face. You were afraid that she would ask what happened yesterday or that you scared her off and she distances herself, but now she wants to hang out with you and doesn't push you to explain yourself.

"Y/N? Are you okay with that? Or would you rather do something else?", she asks when you didn't answer.

"Sorry, yeah. I'm totally okay with that. I love the beach."

"Well, then let's go! "

You walk in the direction of her car, but she stops you.

"Hey, uhm, I was wondering if we could use your motorcycle. I've always wanted to try it out.", she admits.

"Of course, we can do that!"

You take your helmet and give it to Lizzie.

"Here you go, all safe and sound.", you give her a small smile.

"Thanks."

You hop on your motorcycle and Lizzie gets on it behind you. Her arms snake around your waist. Her grip tightens as you drive off and increase the speed.

"You good there?", you ask.

"Yeah, everything's fine!"

You arrive at the beach and you help Lizzie to get off the motorcycle.

"That was fun.", she states and smiles. "Let's find a good place to sit down."

Lizzie takes your hand and drags you with her.

"Here's good spot.", she points out.

You nod in agreement and watch as she lays down a blanket, she brought with her, to sit down. After getting comfortable on the blanket, you both say nothing for a while. All you do is observing your surroundings, taking everything in.