Chapter-28

ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
.........

When we woke up in the evening, we couldn't find Piccolo anywhere. Chase helped me look everywhere around the house but he was nowhere to be found. We checked outside too, I guess he just left.

Even though I knew him for hardly a couple of hours, but I cried. Chase offered to adopt another cat but I denied it. I couldn't keep one, how will I keep another one. The question is, how the hell did he manage to escape? That'll remain a mystery.

Meow.

What the fuck? We both snapped our heads to look at where it came from. There he was, on the sofa between the huge cushions, you couldn't see him if his bright blue eyes weren't open. His black fur mixed well with the black sofa.

I sighed in relief, picking him up as Chase dropped himself on the sofa. "Asshole." He mumbled, looking at Pico.

"Hello? It's not his fault that you have every thing black in your house." I defend my lil baby.

"He was hiding on purpose." Chase said.

"No he wasn't, you're just being mean." I glared before petting lil guy. "I need to buy him stuff." I realise. "Will you take care of him till I come back?" I ask.

"Me? No." He says, relaxing on the sofa.

"I wasn't really asking. Take care of him." I hand Pico in his arms.

"I'm coming with you, he can take care of himself." He said, setting him down on the floor.

"What? No. He's a baby!" I exclaim, looking at Piccolo who was now sitting on my foot.

"Not my baby." He shrugged in response. I'm so close to pulling his hair out of his head.

"Pick him up." I order.

"Nope. You didn't even bathed him." He says, crossing his arms in front of his face and scrunching his nose in disgust.

"I know, I'm going to get products to give him a bath idiot." I tell that idiot.

"Why does he get special products?" He asks with a frown.

"Because he's a cat and I looked up on the internet, you don't use human shampoo on them." I tell him about my research when he was sleeping.

"What if its owner wants him back? We should give him back. Let's go to the airport first." He says.

I gasp in shock. "How could you even say that?"

He sighs. "Fine, you can buy his things but I'm coming with you, You can take care of your cat." He says, walking away to get ready.

"I don't like you right now." I tell his back. He points to his ear and shakes his hand as if saying he's not able to hear me. I know he can hear perfectly fine.

I just picked up my wallet, not really needing to get ready like the diva upstairs. "If you don't come down in 2 minutes, I'm leaving." I yell.

Within two minutes he comes rushing down, the pajamas replaced with jeans but his hair is still all over the place.

"Good boy, let's go now." I pick Pico up and walk out.

He spent half of the time grumbling under his breath while I bought things. He's acting like he doesn't like Pico but he picked out the best products there were available, he also bought him a bed. It's really cute.

I was going to keep the bed in his room but he stopped me. "He's not going to enter our room." He says.

"Where will he stay then?" I ask, trying my best to ignore that he called his room ours.