THE CASE OF CUSTODY

Andrea flooed to Malfoy Manor as Lucius connected their floo systems. She asked the house elves where everyone was and went to the parlor. Narcissa perked up at the sight of her.
"Here comes my lovely niece" Cissa said hugging Andrea.
"My favorite aunt." Andrea repiled embracing Cissa.
"Hello uncle Lucy" Andrea said cheekily smiling . Lucius scowled at his nickname while Narcissa and Draco snorted.
"Please Dorea, don't butcher my name like that" Lucius said at which Andrea only laughed.
"Hello there dragon" Andrea said waving at Draco who rolled his eyes at her.
"Hello Dory, good to see you." Draco said smiling at her.
"Comment allez-vous tous?" Andrea asked. They all were impressed as she spoke in French.
"On s'en sort bien" Lucius answered.
"Tu parles Français?" Narcissa asked.
"Un peu" Andrea answered.
"No worries Dory we will teach you." Draco said smiling encouragingly.
"I would love that." Andrea said.
"Now shall we discuss the matters at the hand, because your letter will be coming soon." Lucius reminded all of them.
"Yes. We must finalise the details which we want to share out open in public and which we want to keep hidden. But before that, Cissa; did uncle Lucius inform you about my terms?" Andrea asked.
"Yes he informed me about them, and I don't have a problem. But yes I would love it of you could trust us to involve and inform us about your decisions." Narcissa said with a little sad smile.
"Cissa I'm really sorry. There are so many things about me that I can't discuss. I will reveal things slowly when the time comes. I just want you all to be patient with me. I assure you none of my actions will harm this family." Andrea said.
"It's okay, we trust you and we will give you time and personal space." Narcissa said nodding her head in understanding.
"Thank you very much. Now the reason I asked you to halt the meeting with the solicitor is because I realized that if I reveal about inheritance test, than Dumbledore will know that I'm free from his compulsions and potions and I know everything. And I think he will try to harm me. I want Dumbledore to believe that I can still be turned into a pawn he needs me to be. I need Dumbledore to think he is in control." Andrea said.
"You are right Dorea. He can harm you if he knows that you know everything." Lucius agreed.
"I suggest we use physical and mental torture, we say in the court that Dumbledore being headmaster never had time to check upon his ward. We can blame him a little I don't mind. I will just be a sweet innocent little girl scared of going back to muggles." Andrea said batting her eyelashes. Lucius and Narcissa both chuckled at that.
"I think if you declares that I'm after all  blood related to Cissa, than I'm family, it will give the members a reason as to why you all want the custody, we are family after all." Andrea said.
"Yes that would be another good reason." Narcissa said in agreement.
"We can say how we met, just snipping out the goblin part. But you can't say that I ran away from home because it will lead to questions and then certain revelations I would rather not confront." Andrea suggested.
"May be I'll start crying about not going back to the Dursleys" Andrea said shrugging her shoulders. Lucius smirked at her antics and Draco laughed.
"I think I'm ready uncle Lucius. Cissa you do my physical examination and  if you can get my potions approved from a good potioneer than I think we can file for custody within 2 days. Because the more we wait the harder it will be to answer the question as to where I have been living. We can say you found me and brought me here as I told you that I ran away. You can say that I took my time to talk about anything but I would cry whenever you would ask me my address."
"Very well. Mon cherié you do the physical examination of Dorea. And Dorea I will be calling Severus to approve your potions. He is a master potioneer and also Draco's godfather. He can be trusted." Lucius said and Andrea's eyes lit up.
"You mean Severus... As in Severus Snape?" Andrea asked.
"Yes do you know him?" Lucius asked.
"No. Not personally. I read his name in my parent's will. My mom left a journal for him. I think its all about potions." Andrea answered with minimum lies.
"Ah yes Lilly Evans... Severus...knew her." Lucius answered somewhat hesitantly.
"Okay. I don't have the potions right now but I will have Dobby bring them." Andrea said and Lucius nodded.
"Dobby" Andrea called and few seconds later Dobby appeared.
"Miss Black, Master Draco." Dobby said looking at draco with wide eyes.
"Hello Dobby" Draco greeted.
"Dobby, please bring my potions and ointments from my bedside table and also bring me the journal that is in the top draw of my study table." Andrea said and Dobby nodded his head and popped away.
"He seems to be loveing working for you." Narcissa mused.
"Oh yes he and Kreacher are quite the team. You will see when you come to Grimmauld Palace. They have teamed up and have been cleaning and reparing nooks and corners of the house." Andrea chuckled.
"Its a miracle Kreacher is serving you. He never liked anyone other than the horrible aunt Walburga." Narcissa amused.
"Oh you know Cissa I have my ways." Andrea answered and they all laughed
"True that" Draco said. Just then Dobby came back with potions and the journal of Lilly Evans. She thanked him and he went away.
"Let's get on with it." Andrea said taking a deep breath. Narcissa motioned her to follow and they went into a room. She told Andrea to lay down on her back. Cissa muttered a spell and flicked her wand. She recorded whatever was shown in the orb and then instructed Andrea to remove her shirt enough to see the bruises on her back. Narcissa had tears in her eyes at the end of examination.
"Oh you poor child. No child deserves this. This is what happens when magical children are left in muggle world." Narcissa said taking Andrea in her embrace. It had been so long that someone embraced her in such a motherly way. Andrea felt so nice even she cried a little. Narcissa kept Andrea in her embrace for a little longer then they both wiped their eyes and went to the parlor. Lucius noticed the look on her wife but  before he could say a word Narcissa shook her head.
As soon as Andrea entred the parlor she saw Severus Snape sitting there observing her potion vials. She almost had a panic attack when the visions of the man bloodied and dying in her arms crossed her mind. A sob escaped her mouth but thankfully no one noticed.
Severus saw a girl standing in the parlor she didn't recognize her but when he looked at her eyes he felt his world halt. He could recognize those eyes anywhere in the world. Those were Lilly's eyes. But he was confused as to why this girl had eyes similar to Lilly. Lucius cleared his throat gaining everyone's attention.
"Severus this is the girl I was just talking to you about. Meet Andrea Dorea Potter Black." Lucius said and Severus stopped breathing for a second. His insides were bubbling with rage seeing the spawn of Potter and he didn't even bother to hide the sneer on his face.
Andrea was ready for this reaction. After all it was her father who had wronged this man so much, that too without any reason.
"The potions are all appropriate given her ailments. If thats all I would take your leave now." Severus said standing up to leave.
"Stop please. I want to talk to you. Please." Andrea blurted out before even thinking anything.
"Now why would I waste my time talking to you Potter. I have many important things to do." Severus said with a nasty scowl on his face.
"Severus sit down." Narcissa ordered. It left no room for negotiation. Severus sat down begrudgingly clenching his fists tighter.
"If you don't mind can we talk in private?" Andrea said to Narcissa.
"Of  course dear, we will be in the lounge" Narcissa said and they all moved to give them some privacy.
There was an uncomfortable silence as there was too much tension in the air. Andrea moved and took the journal and gave it to  Severus.
"My mother left this for you. It was mentioned in her will that this journal be given to you. Along with the letter that is on the last page of the journal." Andrea said and Snape's eyes soften at the mention of Lilly.
"I know everything... I know how my father and godfather treated you... I'm sorry... I'm really really sorry for the way they treated you. I cannot apologize enough for that... But there is none more trustworthy enough than you. Please forgive me... I'm not my father not my godfather... I'm not even my mother... I just don't want you to hate me... I really need you... There is no one I can tell anything about... There is no one I can talk to... I know Dumbledore practically blackmailed you to make an unbreakable vow to protect me... I know that.... I know things... And I need your help... That man is not what you think he is... He is the reason.... He is the reason for everything... " At this point Andrea was sobbing and it was becoming hard for her to form any sentence. This was the first time she had cried in so long. Seeing Severus broke her dam of patience.
Severus was shocked after hearing the words of Andrea. He didn't know how to stop her from sobbing. Severus heard her still muttering things like don't hate me and I know everything. He called for a house elf and ordered her to bring a calming draught. Severus somehow managed to make Andrea drink the calming draught and waited till the effects started. When she calmed down enough to breathe normally Severus asked her,
"How do you know? About me and Lilly about your father and godfather?" He spat the words father and godfather. He continued his question,
"And how do you know about the vow?" He stopped.
"I can't answer all your questions right now. I will definitely answer them but with time. For right now just know that the only danger in my life is Dumbledore. And you swore to protect me... So protect me from him and don't listen to him. I would also suggest you go to Gringotts and get inheritance test done. It will show you if there are any compulsions placed on you. Please for the sake of Lilly do this please its very important or else you will end up like me... A puppet whose strings will be handled by Dumbledore." Andrea said and almost begged him to go to Gringotts.
"Why should I trust you?" Snape questioned.
"I can't honestly give an answer to that. You can either trust me or not. But there isn't any harm in getting the test done right?" Andrea answered.
"Fine. No harm in that." Snape dawled.
"Do you forgive me? I know you will never forgive my father and his friends but can you forgive me? I really have no one else." Andrea questioned.
"I do. I do forgive you. Now if there isn't anything else. I would like to go." Snape said and Andrea shook her head.
"See you in Hogwarts Severus." Andrea said and Snape went away. Andrea took a few deep breaths and raised her occlumency shields and went to join the Malfoys.
"How did it go?" Lucius asked.
"Well... As well as it can go, considering he hates my father and my blood adopted father." Andrea answered.
"He will come around. He is a difficult man... But he is a good man." Narcissa said patting her back.
"I hope so. My mother mentioned about him in a very fond way. They were both friends. I would like to know about her." Andrea sighed.
"Now that is done and Narcissa has informed me about the height of physical damage that has been done to you. I would like to call a solicitor. I have chosen Marcellus Greengrass, he is a well known solicitor and highly respected one. He is the one who can stand against Dumbledore." Lucius explained.
"Okay, I have no problem. When will this meeting take place?" Andrea asked.
"We can do this today. He is also a family friend so I thought it would be good to invite him over for dinner. We can discuss your case as we finish dessert." Lucius said.
"Thats perfect. Now I would like to spend some time with Draco before I return home to get ready for dinner." Andrea said.
"Yes we will inform you when the lunch is served." Narcissa said and both the kids ran towards Draco's room.
Draco's room was lavish and it screamed royalty. It was just like her room in the Potter Manor, but in Green and Black.
"You have a nice room." Andrea complimented him.
"Thanks. So are you excited for Hogwarts?" Draco asked.
"Yes! But I'm more excited to drown Dumbledore's boat of hope." Andrea said and Draco laughed and said,
"I'm guessing there will not be a dull moment with you."
"Oh you have no idea what tools I have in my bag." Andrea said. Both of them discussed little things about Hogwarts and Draco told her about his other friends who were all without a doubt purebloods. They then went to practice a little flying. Draco was in awe at the way Andrea was flying and Andrea chuckled at her reaction.
Soon an elf came and announced that the lunch was ready. They both freshened up and went to have lunch.
"Thank you Cissa for the wonderful lunch. I will see you again in the evening." Andrea said and said goodbye and went to Grimmauld Palace. She told Dobby to wake her up around 5.30 and she fell asleep.
After waking up refreshed from a good nap she went to take a shower. She dressed up in some formal robes and made her way to Malfoy Manor once again.
She reached there and sat in Draco's room. The pair had been inseperable since the noon. Draco always wanted a sister and now he got one. As for Andrea... If anyone would have told her in her previous life that she would think of Draco as a brother she would've vomited on the spot... But here she was. Draco wasn't that bad... The prejudice against Slytherin clouded all of their judgements. Sure Draco was a pompous arse... But so was her father.
Soon they were summoned for dinner. She met Marcellus Greengrass and they told him about her case. After dinner he asked Andrea to tell him everything in her words. Andrea said everything about her life with Dursleys and how she met Malfoys. Luckily Lilly's diary had mentioned of Sirius blood adopting which justified her prior knowledge of being a Black.
"I'm sorry for your sufferings Heiress Potter Black. The statement you have given can ensure our victory. But it will also raise questions as to why Dumbledore didn't check up on you and to why he left you with the muggles in the first place." Greengrass concluded.
"I have a request... Please keep the topic of calling the meeting hidden from Dumbledore as long as possible. If possible till the last minute. Because I don't trust him. He will definitely try to pull something and will try to take me away from the Malfoys." Andrea said and all of them agreed.
Greengrass took his leave and soon enough Andrea also came back to Grimmauld Palace. She wasn't sleepy so she decided to go and read something in library.