48: Heartbroken

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

It was like a deep pang when the raven-haired confessed his feelings and found the other standing there with a blank expression. Feeling suffocated, he decided to break the very uncomfortable silence.

"Tae-"

"How can you? That's- I mean- you... I'm a boy!" Jungkook bit his lips harshly when the other started blabbering with confusion written on his face.

"That doesn't matter, I love you, not your gender."

Taehyung shook his head and looked around but found nothing interesting to stare at.

"Hyung, I- I really don't know what to say. I'm a guy, you're a guy. We- we are friends as you said!"

"Yes, we are friends because you wanted to. I just wanted to be close to you after the stupidity I pulled on in the company." Jungkook stepped forth and sighed when Taehyung stepped back.

"You were always so rude like you hate me, how can you love me since then?" Another question was thrown over him and Jungkook felt his confidence shattering with the changing tone of the other.

"After having heartbreak two times, I decided to close it up for anyone else. I was so broken to be ready for another one. When I saw you in the company, or more precisely in the cafe on your first day, I broke all of my boundaries as my heart fell for you in an instant." He chuckled at the memory, how he lashed back at the other when they both bumped.

"I tried my best to make you distant from myself, tried to annoy you and I succeeded as well until- until Seoyun decided to jump in the picture, using your innocent heart." He breathed out and tried to get Taehyung's hand which was now clenched in a fist but the latter hid that behind his back.

"I was so jealous whenever I saw you with her. It wasn't just because I wanted you for myself, but the reason was the clever girl who was clearly trapping you. That's why, I always warned you but I guess, I was never good with words." The bitter chuckle made Taehyung frown as the venomous memories were getting fresh as well.

"I tried my best to keep myself away from you but seems like, my fate loves to be in crisis." Taehyung could feel the pain of the other in the words but he still remained at a distance from him.

"I tried Taehyung, I tried my best but I failed. You've no idea, how much my heart cried the night I saw you there, sitting right there, looking so pale. How much I wanted to just hug you, keep you safe from all the world but-" Jungkook's voice came out shaky and he inhaled deeply to control his emotions.

When he looked up at the brunet, he found the other looking at his feet, expressions kind of unreadable.

"Seems like, I'm again going to be heartbroken."

Taehyung snapped his head up at the word but saw the raven-haired walking to the sink. He silently watched as the other washed his face with the cold water and kept standing there, tightly clutching over the edge of the counter.

The whole situation reminded him of his own heartbreak. He knew better, how much it hurt but he was too shocked to respond in any way.

The person, who used to apparently hate him, then turned out as his savior and then a friend was now confessing to him even after knowing the fact that he was a straight boy.