Chapter 26

It took another half a day till the peak of a castle came into view over the mountains, just as the sun rose and the streets became more lively you woke to see the giant stone walls of the Pink Province. Farmlands and guard towers lined each side of the roads as you got closer. The Snow covered fields slowly melted with the rising sun, a chill ran down your back, you shivered in response.  

Techno quickly took off his coat to give it to you but you refused. 

"keep it, I don't want you to get sick" 

"You should worry about yourself more," He replied, throwing the cape over your shoulders. You sigh, he's always like this. When you finally arrive at the entrance Techno takes out his crown and mask placing it back on his head and face, You almost forgot he had that. Just as I go to ask him about it a gatekeeper quickly approaches. 

"Identification papers please" 

The gatekeeper looks up at the driver expecting a farmer, but is quickly surprised to see the terrifying pink haired man staring back down at him. 

"y-you're back?!" The gatekeeper stutters, poor man, you talk to yourself, thinking the gatekeeper was just scared of Techno. 

"I am" 

"How was your journey sir?" He asks sheepishly, peeking behind to see you sitting there. You give the man a wave, he doesn't wave back.  

"It was…exciting" Techno gives the gatekeeper a glare that snaps the man back into position, averting his eyes off you. "I never want to go back"  The single phrase made the guard nod, he gestured to the other gatekeepers to lower the gate and let them pass. 

"Would you like an escort?" 

"Don't just send the message that we're on our way," Techno urged the horses forward, trotting past the gatekeepers who saluted. You had a confused look on your face turning back and forth from the gatekeepers to Techno. 

"this is new" You said sarcastically, he rolled his eyes continuing down the main road. People looked up and smiled or whispered as they looked over, it was a strange sight to see so many different kinds, cat eared, bunny eared, lizard skin the crowds were filled with people of different races. Everything looked so clean and organized, it was very different from the Red Province.

"what happened to hiding from the authorities?" You egged, looking around the beautiful city as you crossed into the noble quarters. The houses were bigger and more spaced out. 

"We don't have to worry about that here, it seems Dream hasn't come after my province" 

"your Province? Just who the hell are you?" 

He was silent for a moment before finally speaking up.

"We'll talk about that later" 

You huffed, annoyed at the sudden mystery. The Children began to wake up, looking around this new capital with excitement. They raced around to each end of the carriage to get a good look, waving at passersby. Philza peered around too, only glancing. 

"You sure we'll be safe here…? Techno?" Philza tucked his wings in as to not let anyone see them just in case,Techno reassured him.

"No one will question you, Fae Folk, beastmen and all other kinds are welcome here. Because of the cold climate most humans don't live around here" 

Philza thought, looking out and seeing all the faces happily going about their day. He gave a small smile, opening his wings up a little. The kids uncovered their heads to let their own fate and beastmen traits free. The sight brought a smile to your own face.