thirty one

The two walked into the dark house giggling about some joke they had made. Rose shushed him, making herself laugh more.

"Let's watch a movie, down here." Tommy whispered heading to the couch.

"We'll fall asleep."

"Whatever, we're watching Bo Burnam."

She rolled her eyes at him, "I'm changing first." She stated knowing shorts and a sweatshirt would be much more comfortable than her current outfit. When she came back down his eyes were glued to the tv, but he had changed into a sweatshirt. Feeling tiredness sweep over her, she sat down and curled into his side, she fell asleep not long after, the long day wore her out in the best way.

~

"Rosie," She felt herself being shaken awake, "Tommy," the shaking moved to the mass next to her. She groaned and opened her eyes to face Tommy's chest. Yawning she turned to her dad who was shaking them awake. "Well rise and shine sleeping beauties. How was the date?"

"Daaaad." She whined, turning and pressing her face into Tommy's sweatshirt, "go away." He laughed and walked away as Tommy woke up. Lifting her face to look at him she smiled. His eyes were barely opened and his hair a mess. He sighed and smiled at seeing her in his blurry morning vision.

"Morning." He rasped.

"I'll stay right here." She told him going back to her previous position. He hummed in content, trying to go back to sleep, which was ruined by a small brunette yelling and running and then jumping on them.

"Max!" Rose groaned, pulling him off the couch, "leave us alone."

"Nope! Time to get up! Chickens!"

She sighed and sat up, "Fine fine." He left the room and Tommy tried pulling her back to him. "Tom we gotta get up."

He pouted, "I don't want to."

"I know, I'll be in the kitchen," she kissed his cheek quickly before adding a quiet, "boyfriend." Smirking she hopped up and went to the kitchen for some coffee, the blonde red as a tomato.

"Where's Tommy? He has to help me get the eggs." Max whined holding his egg basket.

"He's coming, be patient kid." Rose said as she poured herself and Tommy mugs of coffee how they each liked it. Tommy came into the kitchen soon enough, yawning and scratching his head.

"Tommy! C'mon we have to get eggs." He shoots Rose a pleading glance and she simply shrugs.

"If you hurry your coffee will still be warm!" She yells as they leave, Tommy pulling his shoes on and whining about hot coffee. Rose laughed and started heating up the pan.

"So the date was good I assume?"

The girl's cheeks warmed as her dad came into the kitchen, she smiled, "Really good."

"Gimme the deets." He teased in a high pitched tone.

"Shut up." Her cheeks somehow turned more red.

"Okay, but I am serious, what did you guys do?"

"We went to Vinny's-"

"Vinny's? Man he's loaded."

"Dad," she whined, "let me finish, so Tubbo actually called me at the restaurant, it was funny. And then after we went to get ice cream and we walked around for a while-"

"Ice cream? In the middle of October?"

"Dad can you just be quiet please? We basically just walked around and uh, he askedmetobehisgirlfriendandthenwekissedandthenwecameback and fell asleep on the couch."

"Come again?"

"We fell asleep on the couch."

"Before that."

"We walked around!"

"Nuh uh, after that."

"he asked me to be his girlfriend and then we kissed and then we came back." She muttered quietly, glancing up at her dad. He raised his eyebrows at her. He opened his mouth to say something but at that moment Tommy ans Max came back. "Eggs! Tommy wash them please."

He smiled at her, "When do I not?"

All through making breakfast as well as eating, every time Tommy and Rose said something to each other, her dad would give her a look.

"Awesome, so dad you get to clean up me and Tommy are going outside!" Without giving anyone a chance to answer, she pulled Tommy out the door.

"Wha- Rose." He laughed, "What's going on?"

"Sorry." She huffed, climbing down the other side of the hill. "Dad was being a prick."

"A prick?"

"Shut it."

"Make me." She raised an eyebrow at him as they continued their walk, hands intertwined. "I don't mean- whatever." She laughed and pushed her shoulder into his.

"I like this." She remarked after a moment.

"Like what? The grass?"

"No stupid. Us."

"Oh," he smiled, "me too."