Chapter 15 The Jura Tempest Federation

No one's POV

Currently, Nhazul and Rimuru with Shion holding him are currently sitting in front of the Lizardmen, Goblins and some of the surviving Orcs, with Igris, Beru , Benimaru, Souei and Hakurou all standing behind them, along with Treyni being present as well. As they were all gathered to discuss what would happen after the battle.

Treyni: Chairmen Nhazul and Rimuru Tempest, please begin the conference.

Nhazul just sighed and started speaking.

Nhazul: I would rather not have this drag on into needless banter, so we'll get straight to the main points that need to be discussed. We'd appreciate if you saved your deliberations until after that.

Rimuru: We'll start by saying this. Me or my little brother.

Nhazul just looked at Rimuru annoyed and rolled his eyes, as Rimuru continued speaking.

Rimuru: Neither of us intend to charge the Orcs with any crimes.

The Orcs all looked at Nhazul and Rimuru completely and utterly shocked.

Nhazul: I know this decision may upset the Lizardmen, the ones who suffered the most casualties, but hear us out. During the final moments of our fight with Geld, we discovered the root cause of all this needless bloodshed. And that cause was starvation due to a famine.

Rimuru: Anyone, of any race, might have made the same choices under those conditions. Of course, this is just our public stance on the matter.

Lizardmen chieftain: Then may we hear your personal thoughts on it as well?

Nhazul: We've taken all the Orc's sins upon ourselves. If anyone has a complaint, bring them to us.

Orc leader: P-Please wait! Surely there is no logic to-

Rimuru: That was our promise with Demon Lord Geld.

The Orc leader looked shocked, as he just sat back down.

Lizardmen chieftain: I see. However, I feel that answer is somewhat unfair.

Nhazul's thoughts: I don't blame him. I can see why he wouldn't accept it so easily...

Benimaru then stepped up to speak.

Benimaru: There is one immutable rule shared among all monsters. "Survival of the fittest". The moment they face each other, they were both prepared for that.

Nhazul: You all lost your homes as well. Don't you have any complaints?

Benimaru: I would be lying if I said we didn't, but if it happens again, we will not disgrace ourselves a second time.

Rimuru: I see...

Lizardmen chieftain: I see... That is a fair point. But there is one thing I must know.