~ Dissapeared ~

⚠️Angst?, depression⚠️

Apart from that Fluff

Set just after civil war

The sun shone low on the horizon, the roof of your small apartment seemed to be the best view for these moments though they were shared alone.

How does one cope with rejection and the constant feeling of sadness you always thought. 3 months ago you were walking down the gravel path, a bag on your shoulder and the clothes on your back were all that was needed for your new beginning.

3 months ago the woman of your dreams dissapeared without a trace. Gone. No note, no message. Nothing. All that was left behind was the engagement ring sat on your dresser. Was that the sign you were missing?

You ran the small lit cancer stick through your fingers what would she think of you, stress smoking. You didn't even know if she was alive at this point but even if she was there was no guarantee she would return home to you.

You knew about the whole superhero thing (she of course wanted to keep your releationship on the downlow for your own safety). You didn't care though, everytime she got hurt you were there beside her or the one time Wanda used her wiggly woo's on her and the nightmares became reality you held her close reminding her that non of it was real. She was your light on the darkest of days and you were hers.

You looked down at the fractured phone screen beside you but were met with the same blank screen no one tried to contact you after the war. Clint maybe but he was off with his family now enjoying his retirement plan. He did offer for you to stay in there guest bedroom but non of it felt right without her by your side. You smiled half heartedly at the photo beaming up at you as the stick in your hand pressed against your lips. The digital photo of her goofy smile was the only thing left to bring you the happiness you deserved.

You took a slow drag of the cigarette before putting it out in the ash tray beside you watching as the suns final beams dissapeared over the horizon. You turned around and took and deep breath before descending down the fire escape.

The first thing that caught your eye as you went down was your door. The mail pile infront of it had been collected and removed from your dusty doormat. Neighbourhood kids was your conclusion. The second thing to catch your eye was as the door opened your normal sound of menacing silence wasnt there, instead it was filled with the lyrics of Ed Sheeran (Don't judge me) and the post was sat on your coffee table.

The final thing that caught your eye was probably the most breathtaking. The familiar redhead you once wondered if was even alive was cooking in your kitchen, humming to the lyrics and swaying her hips gently while adding more seasoning to the pot infront of her.

Your heart felt like it had jumped from your chest to your throat as you gazed on the woman infront of you, the way her short red curls had grown out into long wavy locks (dunno if thats the right word but we roll). Your hoodie and jogging bottoms looked better on her than they had ever looked on you

"Your staring" she spoke up her voice sounded like an angel to your ears

"Im admiring" you responded as she turned to you, her eyes were hypnotising as they scanned your appearance

She slowly advance on you taking small slow steps. You shifted in your step not knowing wether to jump into her arms or stay in your frozen state. Her arms wrapped around your neck and her face was millimetres away from yours before you had time to make a decision

"Hi" you said at almost a whisper locking eyes with hers

"Hi" she whispered back, you hand rested on her cheek as you thumb ran smoothly across her cheekbone taking in the sight before you.

You pulled her close letting her head rest on your chest and a small wet patch quickly form on your top

"I missed you" she mumbled through tears

"I missed you too printsessa" You replied before pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

You missed this and you knew you could never let her go again.

"I love you Romanoff" You spoke softly lifting her chin up to face you. Seeing the blush run to her cheeks put a smile on your face

"I love you too Y/L/N"

A/N

Sorry this is short and sorry for the lack of activity recently. Ngl haven't been in the best mind set so sorta got it all out while writing this (*cough* and watching Loki *cough*). Anyway hope you guys are all okay and thank you so much for the recent support!!