~3~

It's Kazuha's Birthday so why not post a chapter cuz Kazuha is Kazuha and we love him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BOI KAZUHA!!!

Grumbles its cuz of Kazuha that ya'll simps get an extra chapter.

Jk Jk I'm a major simp too but for Xiao. You'll question me if you meet me irl and we talk about Xiao.

Back to Kazuha, Happy Birthday my beautiful poetic anemo boi!

~~~~~

“Oh wow,” Beidou exclaimed as her eyes shone with excitement after she ate a spoonful of meat and rice. “Today’s dinner is better than usual. Good job Yashiro! It’s delicious.”

“I-It’s thanks to Mi-Miss Y/n’s h-help,” Yashiro gave you a small but wholesome smile that shone with pure joy. “S-She is an a-amazing ch-chef. Wi-without her, t-the food wouldn’t b-be this go-good.”

“If Yashiro says that the food was especially good thanks to you, then you must be a great chef!” Beidou walked up to you and placed her arm over your neck and pulled you to her. “Good job y/n. Care for some booze?”

“Thank you. I’m good Captain, thanks for the offer though,” you shook your head to refuse the captain’s offer while smiling from the compliment.

“Well then,” the captain walked back to her seat and started eating more. “Looking forward to tasting more of yer dishes.”

“Sure,” you grinned excitedly.

After a few conversations with some of the crewmates of the Alcor, you decided to go to the forward of the ship. The waves weren’t too rough and the wind was pretty calm so you sat down and swung your legs while looking up at the full moon that lit up the sky along with the stars that glittered with brilliance.

Humming to the blowing wind, you thought back to the last time that you were on a ship. Around nearly 100 years ago, someone that you had met had invited you to go with them to explore the seas.  Unfortunately, a storm had come and only you now remember the story of the one who dreamed to explore the oceans of Teyvat. A pure leader, a person who had the power to draw people to him, dead because of you.

Immortality.

A curse that was placed on you nearly five hundred years ago. A curse that you had to suffer with for so long.

No matter what you did, you always lost those you grew close to. A curse of loneliness for eternity and death by your hand to those you love. You have lived this life for so long that, at this point, you had even forgotten why you had been cursed. All you could say is that it was the biggest regret that you had ever made in your life. No matter what you did, no matter how long you lived, you could never leave this world and pass on. 

A tear rolling down your cheek, you thought back of how many innocent lives had been lost because of you. You were to blame and no one else. Had they known the cause for their death - who the cause for their death was - they would have hated you with a passion. You were sure of that.

“What are you thinking about?” A light and soothing voice broke the silence.

Looking up, you saw the white-haired boy Kazuha sit next to you, hands pushing him up as he steadied himself at the forward to not fall. He looked up at the sky that you were looking at before looking at you to see if you would answer.

After a while of thinking of what to say, you replied, “An old friend.”

“Are they still here?”

“No...” you gave a melancholy smile to the stars in the sky. “They’re not here anymore.”

“I lost someone close to me too," Kazuha said after a while. “He was my best friend.”

"It seems we both know similar pains," you let out a forced laugh as you looked down towards the waves.

Neither one of you talked as you heard the waves hit the ship and the loud chatter of the crew members enjoying their dinner. You looked at the man who sat by your side, his hands holding him up as his eyes looked directly to the sky and his white hair danced from the wind. His eyes glazed over as the topic of your conversation with him hit him.

"I'm sure they're watching over us wherever they are," you broke the silence between the two of you. "They're watching us and expecting us to live our life to the best of our abilities."

Kazuha nodded in reply to your words, "I'm sure they're somewhere out there waiting for us."

Letting out a sigh, you stood up from where you were sitting and looked down at Kazuha.

"Good night Kazuha," you smiled at him. "This was a nice talk. Enjoy the moon tonight."

He nodded as you left him to the scenery of the night sky. Your hair blowing in the wind, your smile turned upside down into a frown. 

Those words you had said earlier, it was nothing more than empty words for you. It was all your fault and you knew it. 

~~~~~

"Y/n… y/n…" a familiar voice called out your name.

A starry galaxy surrounded you as you stepped on a mirror-like floor that reflected the stars around you. Looking around, a faint silhouette caught your eye.

“Y/n…” the silhouette spoke, the same voice from earlier coming out of it.

“Who are you?” you squinched your eyes but as expected, nothing happened.

Walking towards the silhouette, you saw a familiar face and quickly backed away, your foot tripping on something as you fell to the ground. Suddenly out of nowhere, a new silhouette appeared by your side looking down at you.

“Hi Y/n!” the silhouette said with a smile before forming into the face and body of a girl you had once known.

“Y/n!” More people started appearing around you. “I miss you.”

“Stop! Stop!” You screamed as the people you had known through your life started appearing around you. 

Covering your ears from the voices that called out your name, you shook your head trying to get everything out of your mind. A curse that would never leave you. A pain that would always stalk you. This nightmare of the people who you had lost haunting you.

When could this all end?

“Please no more,” you begged. “Please!”

Suddenly, your eyes opened and you were back in the cabin you were sleeping in earlier. Huffing and puffing with your hand over your heart, you could feel a drop of sweat roll down from your forehead. 

“I’m sorry…” You muttered under your breath as you could feel a tear roll down your cheek. “I’m sorry.”