- Chapter Forty Eight -

(Y/n) was silent the entire way home. Erasure had gotten her food before they left the facility but it sat in the to-go bag the entire ride.

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy you got to see him? "

She nodded and leaned her head against the cold window. "Well yeah. Of course I am. I just wish I could talk to him. The next time I see him probably won't be until whenever he comes home, right?"

As she asked this, Erasure dug into his pocket and handed her a folded piece of paper. "Oh yeah. Here."

She raised a confused eyebrow. "What is it?" She opened the paper. A phone number was written across in pen.

"Go ahead and call it."

She pulled out her phone and dialed the number and held the phone to her ear. It rang a few times before someone answered.

"Yeah who is it?"

The girl's heart pounded as she smiled brightly. "Katsuki?"

His voice softened. "Oh it's you. I didn't know outside lines could call this phone. I thought only hospital staff had this number."

The two spoke for the rest of the drive. Erasure was relieved to see her smile and laugh for the first time in a while. She even dug into her food and ate every bite during the ride.

It was 7pm when they got back into town. After her conversation with Bakugo ended, she had asked Erasure to go to the mall with her so that she could finally get Eri's gift. She felt safer with him around so she wanted to take the opportunity to look around the mall.

One of pictures that Mina sent her was a photo of Eri holding a big plush puppy with a red bow that was almost just as big as her. She was hugging the stuffed animal and smiling brightly. When she saw that picture the first time she knew that was what she wanted to get the child.

Erasure followed her around the mall as she searched for the plush dog. It wasn't until they reached the end of the mall when she finally found it! The very last one on the shelf.

She scooped up the dog and held it against her chest. It was very soft and comforting. She contemplated getting the plush for herself until she looked at the photo of little Eri again. The girl's bright and cheerful smile warmed her and made her feel giddy.

After paying, she did a bit more shopping before they eventually left. It was 9pm and the mall was about to close.

"You get everything you wanted?" Erasure asked as he looked down the the many shopping bags he held on his arms. He then shifted his gaze to the girl who was smiling, holding the puppy tightly in her arms.

"Yep! Eri will love it!"

Erasure smirked. "And what about these?" He gestured with his arms referring to the other bags.

"Those are for others. If they don't like what I got for them then whatever. But I KNOW Eri will love this! She just has to!" She giggled as she jumped into the passenger seat of the car.

"You know you only had to get Eri a present, right? You're not obligated to get everyone a gift."

"I know.." she smiled softly. "But I miss them. My friends. I missed too much time with them. I want to show them that I still care for them."

Erasure placed the bags in the backseat and got into the driver's side. They made it back to the school in no time at all. He helped her carry the bags again to her room before saying goodnight.

Finally alone, (Y/n) put on some Christmas tunes and began wrapping her presents she got for her friends. She sang along with the songs and danced as her festive mood grew and grew with each music note.