Chapter 029

"She said that they couldn't reach you, so she called our office."

Herman Easton grunted, "I see."

Anna tilted her head and looked at Herman Easton's strange expression. "Your aunt seems to be shrewd. What's going on?"

Herman smiled and waved his hand. "It's okay. I'll handle it myself."

Then he stood up and walked to the small balcony.

As expected, several missed calls were displayed on his mobile phone. He switched his phone to silent mode before he could receive any more calls.

Herman looked at the phone screen, hesitated for a while, and then called back.

The person on the other side seemed to be waiting him. She picked up after only rang for two times. Before Herman could speak, she shouted, "Herman, what's your problem? You didn't even answer my calls. Do you despise our relatives since you're now living a good life there?"

Herman's face darkened. He looked at the endless stream of cars under the stairs. "Aunt, what's the matter?"

"Tell me, did you send the money to us this month?"

"No."

The aunt on the other side sneered. "Your dad is lying on the hospital bed now. If you don't pay for it, you'll just watch him die? Your grandmother and your cousin really need some money. You don't plan to help?"

Herman pinched his mobile phone. "Auntie, since you told me that my father was sick, I have sent a lot of money to you. My father has been a domestic abuser since I was a child. He treated my mother and I like animals. He's sick, and I have done my best to give him money for the sake of him being my dad. What else do you want?"

The aunt held her breath. It seemed that she did not expect that Herman, who had always been kind, dared to talk to her in this way. She was so angry that she sneered and said, "Well, it seems that you are living a good life in the big city. How dare you talk to your elders like this? Don't you have any respect at all?"

Herman's face was horribly cold.

Back then, when his father abused him and had affairs, his mother had always wanted to divorce, but his relatives all did their best to persuade his mom to give up the thought. Bringing his grandmother and aunt next door, a lot of righteous people would tell his mom that women should endure, and women who were divorced would bring shame to their families. Every time her mother wanted to leave, she was dragged back by these relative.

But when his mother had been seriously beaten by his father, did these relatives once help her?

After his mother had passed away, these relatives cast greedy eyes on him. With the excuse of treating Herman father's illness, they phoned him every month to ask for money.

Of course, only they knew what they actually spent the money on in the end.

A group of selfish and ungrateful people!

Herman was so angry that all he could do was laugh. He simply wanted to cut them off. "Auntie, do you think that I'm not respectful? I don't care. My dad treated my mother and I like that in early years. Now he wants me to support him? It's fair now. I have had no parents for such a long time. As for my cousin..... aunt, he is your son. How can he ask me to pay him when he's short of money?"

On the other end of the phone, his aunt seemed to be shocked. She did not expect that she would be rejected directly when she called to ask for money personally. "Herman, don't you know how to behave? Well, don't you want to send money? If you don't want to send anymore, you will be expelled from the family immediately!"

"It's funny. Haven't I been out of the Easton family for a long? The Easton family is filled with trash like you. I really don't want to be an Easton family member. What a shame!"

His aunt said in a malicious tone, "I'll give you one last chance. Do you want to send money?"

"No dollars for you." Herman sneered. "Do you want joss papers?"

Before his aunt replied, he cut off the phone.

Was this group of garbage maggots still using the excuse of his dad to treat him like an ATM machine so they could suck all the money from him?

F*cking hell!

Herman did not have parents now. All these relatives, he did not even bother to recognize as his relatives.