🌠The Aristocrat's Daughter

/1/

Book Title: The Aristocrat's daughter
Genre: New Adult
Story Warning: Mature Content
Author: annabellacx
Reviewer: Lilly

______________
SCORE POINT

Cover: 8/10

Blurb: 9/10

Writing Style & Presentation: 20/20

Char. & Dialogue Development: 18/20

Plot Originality & Development: 17/20

Grammar and Punctuation: 18/20

____________
Total Point:  90/100

____________Total Point:  90/100

/Review/

The Aristocrat's daughter is a very engaging story. I love the fact that there is an actual plot and the romance isn't the only highlight in it.

The Cover: one thing I love about the cover, is the fact that it has the library element in the background, and the models fit the character's description almost perfectly. The cover tells the story and that's really awesome.

The blurb, writing style and overall presentation of the book to the readers is very commendable. I love how we can see what Melanie is thinking in every situation.

Another thing that makes this story really stand out is the fact that Melanie isn't like your every day nerd. She isn't perfect. She isn't a saint and she doesn't pretend to be. She isn't a robotic character, she is very much human and I think a lot of people can actually relate to her kind of person.

Grammar and Punctuation: These were generally placed and used correctly through out the book. A few sentences might need restructuring and rephrasing in my opinion but it is nothing an edit won't fix.

Plot Originality: Everyone who reads this book can agree with me that it is indeed a very popular trope. There are lots of books (and movies) that follow a poor daughter of a maid getting caught in a romantic web with the boss' son. Yet I won't say the story is cliché because you (the author) found a way of owning the story.

What makes your story unique is how you tell it and how you worked your characters.

Plot Development: Now, I really enjoyed reading this story but in my opinion as a reader, Melanie and Kai became friends or started getting along too fast. The story is definitely on a good pace but I felt the resistance from Melanie wasn't strong enough, it's like you couldn't wait to get them together.

They started off on a really awkward situation, which is cool. I expected Melanie to avoid him for a while before giving in eventually.

Let's look at the first library scene for instance; Melanie was cooling off by the fountain and Kai happened to meet her there. Her reaction was really natural (which is very good) but soon after she accepts to follow him to some unknown destination just like that!

She meets this guy for the first time and just like that she trusts him enough to follow him to some unknown location? —this scene didn't turn out real in my opinion. She could have resisted but she didn't. She happily followed the guy!

I'll suggest you make him threaten to tell everyone about her sexual frustrations perhaps or something else that will explain why a strong independent girl like Melanie will just follow some rich guy to an unknown destination.

Another thing I even noticed is when she realised they were heading to a door different from the one she got 'wine from a while ago'. Technically this meant, she must have gone to this part of the house before that scene, but we (the readers) didn't know about it until she mentioned it.

My point is, maybe you should introduce a scene where she actually goes to take the wine. This way, the readers can relate when you describe the location of Kai's special library.

Finally, the Aristocrat's daughter is an amazing story filled with romance and hidden twist you never even saw coming, I really enjoyed reading it and I hope the author finds this review helpful.

📚📚📚📚📚