𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖 - 𝑂𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑎

The attention I've been getting these past few weeks was not at all the aim from walking into school on the first day with Toby

The attention I've been getting these past few weeks was not at all the aim from walking into school on the first day with Toby. I did want attention, but only Tyler's, not the whole bloody school.

I know they're all staring because they're wondering why someone as popular as Toby is walking with little old me, and to be honest I don't even know why he agreed to. What he gets out of it, I'm not too sure.

I guess I got what I wanted though, Tyler's attention. He's learned that I'm not just going to sit back while he plays games with me, that's not the person I am.

Things with this game haven't gotten too out of hand, which I am grateful for, because I'm not sure what my limits are when it comes to annoying this boy. I have a feeling it would be too far.

It's Halloween weekend, something me and Kacy have been looking forward to for a long time. We came straight from school yesterday to my house, where we stayed Friday night and again tonight. Saturday night, Halloween.

We don't have many plans yet. James is staying at ours for the evening since Tyler's having a party. Kacy was going to go with Miles, but we had this planned for a while. Tonight we were just going to watch scary movies and eat popcorn, but as we settle in for the first movie I can't help but want to go to the party.

I can hear the Halloween themed music playing through my open balcony doors, and it makes me want to go. I know I shouldn't but I do.

As always, Kacy notices the way I'm in my head, and as usual can tell what I'm thinking. "Are we going to that party then Liv." She doesn't ask it like a question, she says it like she can tell the answer already.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" I feel bad ruining our plans, but I really do want to go.

"It's absolutely fine, I need to claim my man in front of more people too." I don't bother telling her how everyone knows exactly who his heart, and mind for that matter, belongs to. "I need to hang on his arm some more to annoy him. While I'm at it I can tell some more people how I'll tear their eyes out if they look at him wrong."

How this girl got to be so aggressive at 14 I don't know. Wait, I do know, might have something to do with that annoying brother of hers.

"Okay so we're going. Wait, isn't it a costume party Kacy?" She smirks at me and runs down the stairs. Leaving me sitting on the bed with my mouth wide open.

I don't even get time to fully wonder what's going on because she runs back through the door with a backpack in her hands. I vaguely remember her bringing it in on Friday after school, but I was so excited for this weekend that I didn't even ask.

"Prepare to be amazed," she announces like she's starting a magic show, as she continues to make a whole act out of taking pieces of clothing out of the bag. "I know what you're like Liv, so I brought us costumes. I know you're doing this whole weird thing with my brother and you probably want to make a big show out of turning up, but I don't care. We're keeping it simple."