46

Lando was going through his suitcase with only a towel around him as Daniella was taking a warm shower. The water was too hot for him so he cut his shower short with her and stepped out.

“Did you steal all my nice shirts?” He yelled as he continued looking for a decent outfit to wear.

Daniella didn’t hear him. She is too busy enjoying her shower. She smiled as remembered the recent memory of Lando jump out of the shower after only a few minutes of trying to pretend he was comfortable with the water.

Lando cursed as a knock on the door interrupted his search. Without even giving it a thought he got up and went to open the door. The realization only came to him the second he opened the door.

Myra looked shocked. She didn’t expect to see half naked Lando in Daniella’s hotel room in the morning.

Lando panicked and immediately closed the door.

“Lando Norris,” Myra banged on the door. “Open the door right now.”

“Give me a minute,” he immediately put on whatever clothes he could find, nit even caring his shirt was inside out.

His face turned red as he once again opened the door.

Myra barged in and looked around the room.

“Where is Dani?”

“Umm..” he rubbed the back of his neck. “In the shower.”

“And what are you opened her door half naked?” Myra folded her arms, as she glared at him.

“Because I was in the shower too…”

Myra gasped.

Daniella got out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around her. She froze when she noticed Myra in her room, glaring at her.

“Heyyy…” Daniella awkwardly waved.

“Okay.. That’s enough half naked people for today,” Myra closed her eyes and shook her head, trying to get the images out of her brain.

“Myra…we can explain..” Daniella stepped forward, as Lando nodded.

“You two are dating, right?” Myra asked. “Please tell me you two are dating and it is not a friends with benefit kind of things,” she looked at both the drivers for answers.

“We are dating,” Daniella smiled.

“And we love each other,” Lando said proudly as he went over to Daniella and wrapped his arm around her waist.

“Okay good,” Myra sighed. “Otherwise it would have been a PR nightmare waiting to ruin my life.”

The couple didn’t say anything as they looked at each other.

“Get dressed,” Myra told Daniella. “We have to leave soon.”

Daniella nodded.

“And I expect a full explanation about…all this.”

***

Lando's flight was earlier than Daniella so he left with his team.

Daniella sat between Myra and Nate at the airport as they both grilled her about her relationship with Lando.

“So they entire time you were teasing me about being a hopeless romantic while you were sneaking out to see lover boy?” Nate questioned as he was connecting the dots.

“Maybe..” Daniella avoided looking at the engineer as he smacked her head.

“But not many people knows about us so please don’t say anything about it to anyone.. Please,” The driver looked at Myra and Nate.

Myra nodded.

“Only if you thank me for being the best engineer in all of your post race interviews,” Nate smirked, earning a punch from his girlfriend.

“I hate you,” Daniella groaned. “Fine.”

“So who else knows?” Myra asked. “I need to be prepared if it cause any issues for you in the future.”

“Umm.. My family, Lando’s family, Max, Lewis, and Daniel,” she replied. “And some of them made a bet about it.”

“Who is involved in this bet?” Nate asked.

“Mick has a bet with Lance and Esteban, and Seb has one with Kimi,” Daniella replied.

“Time to get rich,” Nate gave a little evil laugh as he rubbed his hands. He spotted Lance on the other side of the airport. “Excuse me, I need to go make a bet with Lance…sorry Dani.”

“Is he for real?”

“Sometimes I ask the same question.”

***

Myra left to go drag her boyfriend away from Lance Stroll, leaving Daniella to seat alone.

She was just going through her phone when someone sat beside her.

“Coffee?” Pierre offered her a cup.

“Thank you,” Daniella smiled politely and accepted the coffee. “Pierre umm..I want to apologize about how I snapped at you yesterday.”

“No need to apologize,” Pierre shook his head. “You were hurt and also worried about your friend…I totally understand.”

“Thank you,” she lightly squeeze his hand before taking a sip of her coffee.

“How is your shoulder now?” he asked, wanting to keep the conversation going.

“Its fine now, I think,” she replied. “I was given some painkillers so its helping a lot.”

“That’s good,” he nodded. “Listen, I was thinking maybe you would like to…”

“What are you two talking about?” Max interrupted as he took a seat.

“Nothing,” Pierre immediately replied. “I will see you later,” he said to Daniella before getting up.

“Thanks for the coffee,” she smiled.

Pierre waved and walked back to his teammate.

“Christian is not happy with your result yesterday,” Max said to his teammate.

“I know,” she nodded. “He suck at pretending that he is fine with what happened yesterday.”

“And Lewis got the lead again.”

“And you and I are only two points apart now.”

Daniella smirked at her teammate.

Max had the same look.

Both RedBull drivers are ready to fight against each other for the championship and more than determined to be end the season with most points and as the champion.

**********

A/N: The battle for the championship is getting tight.

Genuin question, who do you think is going to be the champion this season, Lewis or Max?