Chapter 55

In the end, everyone enjoyed the lunch as much as possible. Then big goodbye followed and the guests slowly began to leave for their homes. The trip to New York seemed longer to Peter than when they went to Blue Hill, but it was probably because no one was talking in the car, which he was quite happy about. A long and very exhausting conversation awaited them at home. Peter didn't remember ever discussing anything for so long. The main topic, of course, was how to deal with the fact that Peter had a sister, and whether Tony and Pepper should go on their honeymoon. And because they didn't know much about Teresa, they decided to focus more on the second topic, and in the end, it turned out that the newlyweds would fly to their well-deserved honeymoon.

"Are you really sure about this, Pep? We can stay here and fly off for our honeymoon when it's all settled," Tony wanted to make sure as they drove into the airport.

"You know very well that I am not," sighed the woman with the strawberry-blond hair. "When this is resolved, another problem will arise, this is nothing new, Tony."

"Peter will be safe here," the redhead said from the driver's seat. She insisted on taking them, precisely because of this situation. She didn't want the couple to change their minds. "Bruce and Rhodey are at home, Steve and Sam are on alert, and Bucky is guarding the school, and as soon as I see you have boarded the plane, I will join him. And I'm pretty sure Loki will show up over time. I know we underestimated it before, but it won't happen again. She won't have a chance to get to him," she told them once again their plan. She understood that they were worried about him, but Peter had better protection at the moment than the president himself.

"I know, I know," Tony muttered.

"I'm wondering if I should fly with you. It seems to me that you two are a little unprotected for a change, "Nat grinned to relax the atmosphere a little, not even knowing she might be right.

"No way," Tony protested and a small smile appeared on Pepper's face. "You have to stay here, Nat. I believe you. I know you will do anything to protect him."

Natasha said nothing and stopped at a small plane that Tony owned. It meant a lot to her that he trusted her so much, but at the same time, his words scared her a little, because she would really do anything to keep him safe. She had already learned to live with it, but she was still not sure if the others would accept it. If they would still consider her a family.

"We're here," she told them quite needlessly and got out of the car. The couple followed her.

"You'll be in touch with us, won't you?" Pepper assured as Tony pulled the suitcases out of the car.

"Of course I will. But promise me you'll enjoy it. Who knows, maybe you'll come back with some surprise," she smiled and winked at her jokingly.

"What surprise?" Tony asked curiously, joining them.

"It's just between us - the girls," Nat grinned.

"All right, we'll have to go if we don't want it to go," he told his wife.

Pepper laughed. "It's weird, I thought if it was your plane, it would fly whenever you wanted," she teased, then hugged Nat goodbye and dismounted.

"Everything will be fine," Natasha tried to reassure him as he watched Pepper disappear into the plane, but he didn't move.

"I'm counting on you, Nat. Connect with Everett, okay? We should work together," he said before he got on the plane.

"Welcome, Mr. Stark. My name is Elizabeth and I will be available to you during the flight today," the brown-haired flight attendant greeted him on board and took his luggage from him. "Are we waiting for someone else, or will we be able to take off?"