Chapter 42: Hermione

TW!! - References of sexual abuse

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J. K. Rowling.
_________________________________

The tent is back up.

It needs to be.

For Theo.

It had been sitting in the corner of the room, shrunk down for weeks, but with Ginny leaving, something had to be done.

Not even burnt chocolate was working anymore.

But Hermione hopes that the tent will. The tent will bring back the half smiles, funny statements, and caring kind man that she loves so much.

He had been gone for weeks.

Both literally and figuratively. He was usually at the safehouse when he didn't have duties, meetings, and leads as a Death Eater. Molly had told her that he was slowly transforming the house in a way no one else thought possible.

Just what he had been able to do to the table in the meeting room was impressive. Who knew it could be so beautiful underneath all the wear and tear.

That is Theo, bringing out the best in everything.

But he needed to stop trying to fix it all, by destroying himself. She had tried to talk to him about why what he had done was worrisome to say the least. When he raised his wand, she never thought he was about to sever his own finger off, until Draco yelled at him to stop, but it had been too late. She sat there staring at the scene, not able to speak, not able to breathe or think clearly, as Theo quickly stopped the bleeding, and temporarily covered it with gauze so he could focus on Ginny. He never wavered. Never hesitated. Never stopped smiling as he placed his finger onto her hand. She wasn't the only one lost in shock. Even Draco stood there, not knowing what to do.

Hermione had finally snapped back after a few minutes and lost it. Honestly she has no idea all the things she yelled at Theo that he continued to either ignore or roll his eyes at. Even Draco couldn't get him to see why what he had done was far from a normal response. It just showed how little Theo thought of himself, how disposable he believes he is. Which he is not. He was the farthest thing from someone who should ever view themselves like that. He had so much to offer. His finger should not have been one of them though.

She lifts up the blanket flap, and places the pot inside.

He is asleep in the loft. His favorite place.

It allowed him to be included while also separated at the same time.

Theo came back right before Draco left to complete one of the two fake fuck rendezvous with Carrow, and had looked at the tent, giving her a slight nod of appreciation before crawling in and passing out.

She curls up in her and Draco's blankets, and waits to see if he will wake up with the smell of the drink wafting through the tent.

Please Theo... I miss you again.

It was like after he had been forced to beat her. But instead of putting distance between her and him, he was putting distance between himself and everyone.

No jokes, no talking, no touching.

All he did was polish, and mend, and build, and fix.

Day in and day out.

Hermione curls up, pulling Draco's pillow into her chest and face to breathe him in.

It was storming outside. A bad one. Since the first time she had a switch happen due to the thunder and the lightning, Draco had placed a silencing charm around their room during the nighttime when storms occurred. So she wouldn't have to hear the thunder. So it wouldn't set her off, and make her switch. It worked to all of their delight.