Twelve: Tired

Sunghoon's eyes squinted in worry as Heeseung sat down onto the grass below him slowly, wincing along the way.

"You should have said you were feeling bad."

"I'm always feel bad Jay."

Heeseung's voice was sharp. It was snappy and almost mean. But for the most part, it just sounded annoyed and tired.

Sunghoon had seen him like this before. But not as severe. He never was negative about it, or harsh with his words to others. But he got headaches often and took lots of breaks while walking due to his legs giving him difficulties often with how much they all walked. But right now he was pale and his eyes were dull with dark circles under them, he kept swallowing hard and shutting his eyes tightly in pain. And there was a light red tint to his nose and cheeks that look like he had been rubbing at the portion of his face for a while or something along within the sorts.

"You know what I mean."

"I know you know. Can we- can you just get the medicine out of my bag so we can get back to walking."

Heeseung's hands grabbed at his shins and his jaw clench. He looked like he was seconds away from passing out or throwing up. Or both.

Honestly, Sunghoon knew something was a little off since this morning when they first woke up, and he stayed painfully still on the blanket he slept on, staring at the ground blankly, sighing a few times before getting up while rubbing his shoulders. But that was only one or two hours ago, and Heeseung always felt better after walking around for a bit. But of course, he was trailing behind them while hiking, not rushing ahead like he always did. His footsteps sounded different too, and every time he'd look back his legs wouldn't be extended out the way they normally did when he walked. He was almost limping.

"No. We're stopping for the day. You're obviously on the brink of a flare-up. Or you have been doing too much recently or had too much sunlight. Let's just set up here and take a rest day."

"Jay! We can't do th-"

"Yes, we can! We've been going hard for almost four weeks straight now and we are way ahead of schedule."

"But we are almost to Hanbins!"

"Hanbin can wait. Your Grandma joints can't."

Heeseung groaned and rolled his eyes, letting his head fall back to the ground behind him. His hands went up to his forehead and it looked like he was stressing out a lot. Which he never did. Or at least he didn't appear to be. He kept swallowing, shown by his Adam apple going up and down, but Sunghoon couldn't see his face because of the hands covering it.

"Jay, please. Can't we jus-"

Sunghoon's spine chilled. The boy's voice was suddenly cracking and wavering in volume, and his fingers were shaking against his cheeks. He could even see shaking in his arms like he was having a hard time keeping them up.

He looked to Jake, confusion present, silently asking if he knew why he was suddenly getting emotional, but all he got was a sympathetic pat on the shoulder. He didn't look as worried as Jay did, but he still could see the small crease of his brow that usually wasn't there.

"I'll go set up the tent." He mumbled, trying to use a cheerful voice to lighten the mood.

He always tried to make the people around him happy. That was the first thing Sunghoon noticed about him.

He stood there. He didn't exactly know what to do. A small argument was now erupting between the two boys that were always light-hearted and fun with each other. And one of them look like a walking zombie and was started to get emotional and completely opposite from his usual character. Everything was off and crooked.