Seventeen: Little Things

"Where the fuck is he?!"

"Maybe his phone died?"

"You guys are sure he isn't at the place you left him?"

"Yes! I checked twice!"

Jake ran both hands through his hair, walking back and forth in nervousness. He felt like the world was about to end. How could they have just left him there? They know he is shy. They know he's really impulsive. He could have gotten kidnapped. What if he's dead? What if he decided to randomly travel to world with strangers that weren't them? What he got fake engaged to someone that didn't wear beanies all the time?

"Jake!! Calm down, Jesus Christ."

"But we left him! We could have at least asked what he was planning to do. What if he's hurt?"

"He's probably fine. He's a genius remember?"

Yes he remembers. He was the one who heard him talking about the history of greek mythology and how most of the stories weren't believed to actually be true, and were just there for metaphors that the general public understood for two hours straight last night. And he's the only one who's heard him talk about the theory of dimensions. Which was mine blowing by the way. So yeah, he knows.

It was only when they all met up again when they realized something was off. Heeseung had his two friends with him. Jay had bags of snacks. Jake had a small box full of tiny gifts for all of them. But he could only give out two. Cause Sunghoon hadn't shown up and hadn't answered any of their calls or messages. And they were in a country that he couldn't speak the language of.

"It's been three hours now!"

The boy beside Heeseung looked around and tugged at his wrist, pulling him down the small sidewalk. Making the others follow them and Heeseung's dragging feet.

"C'mon let's just look around. I'll translate for you guys."

The boy was short. And his hair was black and silky with sharp eyes and a pretty nose. Jake would have, in a different situation, been interested in how nice he looked, but right now it seemed of the least important. Even if his jeans were perfectly fit and the dangling piercings on his ears kept catching his attention. And the small tattoos scattered on his forearm and upper arm were definitely not what he was worried about.

Sunghoon was more important. Sunghoon was lost. For god knows how long. And if was making him go on complete panic mode. And yeah you could say it's cause he has a baby crush on him and the way he randomly will dump out all his feelings in a run-on sentence, but he'd freak out if this was anyone so it had nothing to do with it. If Jay disappeared into thin air he'd still think of the worst possible scenario, like be accidentally tripped himself off a cliff or something. And if Heeseung hadn't shown up he would instantly be on the phone with an ambulance thinking he passed out in the middle of the street somewhere. But however, with Sunghoon he didn't know exactly what could have happened. It's not like a stranger tried to hold hands with him and he freaked out so bad that he went into cardiac arrest. That was dumb.... or was it?

"Oh god," he thought.

Maybe he was stuck having awkward small talk with an elderly woman who forced him to talk about his childhood somewhere. Or maybe a girl was trying to hit on him and he was doing the thing he does with his hands (closing them in and out of a fist on repeat) when he gets nervous, and he can't find a way out of the conversation because he's so nice to everyone and can't say no to strangers even if they are trying to push religion on him in an outdoor chinese market.

He breathes in and out forcefully and ran his hands down his chest trying to calm down. Feeling Jay pull him against his side as he walked on the small town's sidewalk and into a little gift shop decorated with different candles and dreamcatchers.