chapter 66

We get off the Hogwarts express and start walking, but I sigh heavily when I hear Draco behind us.

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free Pottah. Better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it" Draco says, going toward Harry, but he quickly backs away as Harry goes for him.

Ron quickly holds him back.

"What'd I tell you? Complete nutter" Draco says.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yells, breathing heavily.

"It's only Malfoy" Ron says "What'd you expect?"

~~~~~

Me, Harry, Hermione and Ron wait, as normal, for the carriages to come so we can get a ride to Hogwarts, watching Cho's rock away.

"Hi guys" Neville says with a plant in his hand, and I turn to him, giving him a quick hug.

"Hey, Neville" we all says together.

Harry turns around, so I do too, seeing a giant dark-grey winged horse attached to the carriage.

"What is it?" Harry asks, causing the others to turn.

"What's what?" Ron asks.

"That. Pulling the carriage" Harry specifies.

"Nothing's pulling the carriage, Harry. It's pulling itself like always" Hermione says.

We all go to the side of the carriage, me and Harry carefully watching the horse.

"You're not going mad. I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am" a girl says, pulling her book down so we can see her face.

We get in the carriage, Harry, Hermione and Neville sitting on one side, and me, the girl and Ron on the other. Ron is sitting next to the girl, and I'm sitting by the edge, tapping my feet from boredom. Ron scoots towards me a little, looking at her.

"Everyone this is Loony Love... Luna Lovegood" Hermione says.

"Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Y/N" I say excitedly, shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Y/N" she says, smiling.

"What an interesting necklace" Hermione says.

"It's a charm actually. Keeps away the nargles" Luna says as she leans forwards and towards Neville, making Neville back away as much as he can "Hungry. I hope there's pudding" Luna says, sitting normally.

"Oh, I love pudding" I say, clapping my hands together lightly.

"What's a nargle?" Ron whispers.

"No idea" Hermione replies.

~~~~~

Everyone is sitting comfortably with their houses, eating and talking about their summer. I'm sitting where I normally sit, right at the front of the table, closest to the teacher's table, on the right side.

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. As usual, now, our caretaker, Mr Filch, has asked me to remind you-" Dumbledore says, but professor Umbridge coughs.

Dumbledore slowly turns to her, and she gets up, walking forwards so she can see all of us and we can see her.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends" professor Umbridge says.